View Poll Results: What lens mount do you want the most?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • EF

23 18.11%
  • m4/3

78 61.42%
  • PL

9 7.09%
  • Nikon

15 11.81%
  • Other

2 1.57%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan-Guy View Post
    Pfffff... E-mount. Good one. Just kiddin'! I knew I forgot one... I can't change the poll list now but maybe "Other" should be for E-Mount.
    Yeah, I'm the one who voted for "Other."

2. Collapse Details
    Looking as the photos of the BMD Cam it looks like the whole front black panel can be removed (not unlike the bottom plate on the Hyperdeck Shuttle 1/2). With a camera like this, third parties will be making tons of accesories. Maybe BMD or a third party will come up with replacement front panels with attaching lens mounts. I could see a M4/3 mount, a Nikon mount, PL mount, and maybe even a panel with an interchangeable mount system and an ND wheel. P+S Technic did a replacement interchangable mount front end for the RED ONE, why wouldn't a company do that here?

http://www.pstechnik.de/en/optics-ims-red.php
    Last edited by Brian@202020; 04-20-2012 at 01:40 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    It looks one solid piece (Hope I'm wrong)

But yes, m4/3 as it's pretty much universal, and I say that as a bloke with EF glass

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by daveswan View Post
    It looks one solid piece (Hope I'm wrong).
    Its 2 colors tho. If it was one piece I would think it would be one color. The Hyperdeck Shuttle is 2 pieces and on the website it says it milled from a solid block of aluminum.

5. Collapse Details
    I'd like to see an interchangable mount system, similar to Red.

6. Collapse Details
    The 'other' should include the PS Tecknic universal mount system. As rugged and Pro as PL, but for shallow flange digital. Already has a lot of standard adapters available, and the adapter makers could fill the gaps. I would imagine the pins for electronic control of slr lenses could be added to the spec. Would increase the price of the 'pro' model some, but would be worth it.

7. Collapse Details
    According to someone in the other thread, it was confirmed on the floor from a BM employee that M/43 and PL mounts are on the roadmap.
    http://www.refocusedmedia.com
    Film / Photography
    esse quam videri

8. Collapse Details
    Wow, now that there's officially 100 votes, it's interesting to see how they break down. So far, 60% want micro 4/3! Of course, it's likely that most people that want an EF mount DIDN'T vote, because they already got what they wanted. But, still, I'm amazed at the results of this limited pool.
    Jaime VallÚs
    Check out my graphic design portfolio: www.JaimeVallesDesign.com
    CASI CASI - A DVX100 feature-length film: www.CasiCasi.com

9. Collapse Details
    That and the fact that this is a Panasonic heavy forum could have something to do with that. ;o)

I was ok with the EF mount and even tried defending it on many occasions but heck as a M4/3 owner myself I would gladly welcome having the option to use my current lenses and keep my current camera for stills and vacation video. M4/3 has my vote.

10. Collapse Details
    I make most of my income on Canon HDSLR projects, and thus have a lot of L glass either that I own or have direct access to, but I also worked with an AF100 for 2 months straight and used an adaptor when needed for my EOS glass, and I really didnt have a problem with doing that (for my specific uses). Considering the amount of adapters (incl. Redrock MFT electronic adapter) I feel that m4/3 would allow for many more options.

That being said, I preordered regardless, because at $3,000 I can get another if they release a m4/3 version later (or make my partner get one).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast