Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Any way you spin it, it's just going to be a glorified SDXC card. Perhaps it'll be built to higher manufacturer's tolerances and perhaps the body will be made of metal, but at the end of the day it's going to be a SDXC card, similar to how a current P2 card is a glorified PCMCIA card.

Having said that, if the reliability of the micro P2 remains on par with that of the full sized P2 cards, I guess it will be worth it for mission critical recordings. I'm curious as to the prices, and I'm also curious as to the compatibility with regular SDHC cameras since the cards themselves should be compatible.

2. Collapse Details
    Any way you spin it, it's just going to be a glorified SDXC card
    Well, you could also say that "any way you spin it, an Audi S8 is just a glorified Volkswagen." You could argue that's true, but I'd argue that it's highly misleading. Volkswagen does own the Audi brand, but there's a night and day difference between an S8 and a Jetta!

A MicroP2 card can act like a top-of-the-line UHS-II SDXC card, when used in an SD device. But when put in a P2 device, it acts exactly like any other P2 card, including the microcontroller, error correction, wear leveling, and writing and rewriting of data to cells until it receives a guaranteed verification that data was properly recorded, as well as being able to support the data rates of 4:4:4 AVC-Ultra, over 440mbps sustained write speed. Even Panasonic's best SDXC card only guarantees 25mbps of sustained write speed.

3. Collapse Details
    Well, carp. I was hoping for a nice little SD adapter for the HVX for those long-toothed event shoot days.

Upgrade time approacheth. Or passeth, far offeth in the past. eth.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks Barry. Looks like it's time to move on to the next camera, though I must say my HVX202 was (is) much loved.

5. Collapse Details
    Oh Great, some these Micro P2cards don't work in my HPX170. That's a disappointment.
    Sherman

6. Collapse Details
    Big mistake on Panasonic's part IMO. Micro p2 cards not working on the HPX170 does little to promote P2 brand loyalty and cross-camera usability.
    Last edited by Mark Williams; 06-03-2013 at 08:22 PM.
    Regards,

Mark

GH4, Pany 14-45, 45-175, Oly 60 macro, Benro S6 Tripod, Shark Slider, Glideshot jib and Edius 5.51.
    Stock video: pond5
    Video channel:http://vimeo.com/channels/3523

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12