Thread: Atomos NAB 2012

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    When are they going to add 3:2 pulldown to the ninja?

2. Collapse Details
    Im also interested in the connect. Were they showing it at all? when i first purchased the samurai i was under the impression the connect was already shipping, given the way its marketed on there site.

im in agreement with edit man that screen needs to be improved in any future update really not usable the viewing angle is so narrow.

3. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar
    Yeah, they announced Connect about a year ago - since that day, when you look at the ATOMOS site, it looks like they are available (no word like: shipping after NAB 2012 or something like that).
    When I ordered them in February, together with my Samurai, it was marked as "ships within 3 days" on my local dealers website (canīt blame ATOMOS for that though).
    Same with the battery adapters. On the ATOMOST site they say you get one for free when you register your product - no dice, no response.

Frank
    frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmaster View Post
    Yeah, they announced Connect about a year ago - since that day, when you look at the ATOMOS site, it looks like they are available (no word like: shipping after NAB 2012 or something like that).
    When I ordered them in February, together with my Samurai, it was marked as "ships within 3 days" on my local dealers website (canīt blame ATOMOS for that though).
    Same with the battery adapters. On the ATOMOST site they say you get one for free when you register your product - no dice, no response.

Frank
    This kind of marketing and no response on the customer support side is what is keeping me from purchasing from Atomos. Glad that CD lowered the price of their Nano.

5. Collapse Details
    They had no choice, most of the competition records in 10 bit and the nano flash records in 8 bit
    I would never buy it for that reason alone even though I think it's a good product. Why spend 2k on a field
    recorder that you can't upgrade with you camera.

6. Collapse Details
    The Smart-Log is awesome. Looks like he was even adding the "F"avourite Marker to a clip-region. Wow, that is nice for FCPX users!

7. Collapse Details
    And Atomos has mentioned in the past that they're working on an over and under-crank feature for the Samurai, but at the rate that they actually bring things out, I guess we can expect that at next year's NAB.

8. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMurphy View Post
    I Frank when did they tell you the CONNECT would be shipped?
    The website still says:
    Pricing and Availability
    Connect converters will be available in late 2011 for €249 / ₤219GBP / $349 USD / $379 AUD
    http://www.atomos.com/press/articles/press001.xml
    frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

9. Collapse Details
    No real confidence in this company. Their products are supposedly available for purchase and never come out. The continue to say Coming Soon for everything they market. Their own reps at NAB were having to read from the same pdf's on their web siteand did not know the products or availability.

10. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    I love these guys - they are quite responsive to feedback. I own 2 Samurais now. The Samurai has proven to me to be quite stable in the field and has the lowest power draw out of any external 10 bit recorder.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast