Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Did you see this: http://cheesycam.com/gopro-wi-fi-bacpac-soon/

Looks like its coming very soon. Can't wait for the pro tune upgrade. 24p and 35Mbps on a Gopro Hero 2. How come Go pro can juice up the Mbps with firmware and other companies can't or should I say won't ?

2. Collapse Details
    how do you do
    I'm new here , nice thread!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mico View Post

Looks like its coming very soon. Can't wait for the pro tune upgrade. 24p and 35Mbps on a Gopro Hero 2. How come Go pro can juice up the Mbps with firmware and other companies can't or should I say won't ?
    Well in the case of for example AVCHD, there are many companies locked in together. They have all agreed on the specifications and therefor they can't just change them whilly nilly. It's actually a monopoly, which is illegal, but not to worry..

4. Collapse Details

I picked one up yesterday and despite being able to do the software update I couldn't get the BacPac to talk to the Hero2.
    In fairness to GoPro I really think Best Buy had sent me home with a re-packaged/returned unit . . .
    I returned the BacPac his morning and will wait for the iOS/Android software availability, then order direct from GoPro.
    The possibilities are endless!
    Canon 70-200 & 24-70, Rokinon 35, 50, 85, 135, GH4, Lumix 20, 12-35, 35-100, 100-300.

5. Collapse Details

GoPro bougt the Cineform company, so when they came with new Hero 2 with lots of computational power it was just the matter of time when they implemented powerful Pro Cineform Codec capabilites in it. ... I was moaning about higher bitrate on their Facebook page all the time... and voilá ...
    Get me out of this 8bit world!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dregenthal View Post
    I picked one up yesterday and despite being able to do the software update I couldn't get the BacPac to talk to the Hero2.
    In fairness to GoPro I really think Best Buy had sent me home with a re-packaged/returned unit . . .
    I returned the BacPac his morning and will wait for the iOS/Android software availability, then order direct from GoPro.
    The possibilities are endless!

Just an FYI. The current firmware release by Gopro is not the pro tune update that gives higher bitrate and 24p.

7. Collapse Details
    Correct . . . It is basically version 1 of the software tweak that permits the Hero2 (and hero) to communicate with the wi-fi BacPac . The "stream to the web" and preview/control with your tablet or smart phone features are "coming soon."

As you point out this has nothing to do with the increased data rate or CinemaScope venture . . . But these are certainly wonderful times we live in, for sure.
    Canon 70-200 & 24-70, Rokinon 35, 50, 85, 135, GH4, Lumix 20, 12-35, 35-100, 100-300.

8. Collapse Details
    Anybody heard anymore news about the new firmware update? I'm looking forward to the announcement... between this and the new Dive Housing I think I'm really going to notice an improvement in some of my surfing stuff, both above and below the surface.
    VIDEO PRODUCER ON THE NSW NORTH COAST, AUSTRALIA
    Sony FS700 || Shogun Inferno
    Adobe CC 2018

9. Collapse Details
    Yeah, between this and the "coming soon" features for the wifi bacpak software features I'm wearing out my keyboard checking their websites (GoPro & Cineform) every day.

Waaa.

10. Collapse Details
    Hopefully they clear out the blackhole exploit kit infection the gopro site had on the 4th...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast