Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Why can't other companies mimic the shoulder mount simplicity and balance of these older Aaton and Arri designs? Scarlet and FS100 are fantastic cameras but you really need to rig it out to have a balance shoulder solution with EVF right up against your eye. And they're still nowhere near as tight as the old Aaton and Arri SR form factors. Come on everybody, the blueprint was there many many years ago.

2. Collapse Details
    Cinematography/Lighting Mod Ryan Patrick O'Hara's Avatar
    Not sure why they kept the Penelope name. We should call it Delta Penelope or just Delta to keep things clear. The original Penelope is a totally different camera than this, imo.

If cinematography wasn't infinite, I'm sure I would have found the end by now.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by vanvideo View Post
    Expect it to be in the Arri Alexa price range. These two companies have been butting heads for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by vanvideo View Post
    Expect it to be in the Arri Alexa price range. These two companies have been butting heads for decades.
    Yeah they have. It's nice to see the pantheons of film camera manufactures slowly moving into taking their place they had years go, however now with digital. They have built some of the best gear on planet and I don't doubt they won't do the same for themselves today and the future as they did decades ago.

Sad part is the sensor ( metaphorically speaking ) that was in their cameras for so many decades is not anymore more; Kodak! Kodak didn't make the switch, where I believe had they back in the 90's really applied themselves to taking their sensor division ( beyond what is was today prior to BK ) to serious competitive heights without worrying about their film division, they just might have had a Kodak sensor division and possibly camera's made in partnership with others. Who knows, they could have taken the approach to their sensor chips like Intel does, like the phrase " Intel Inside", we could have had cameras that read with a label "Kodak Inside".

However fear was their demise when you focus down to the very basics on not doing what they needed to do to survive as a company in the long run, especially going back to the 90's when the ship was turning slowly. I used to deal with Kodak from time to time in the research area, and they just had an anti electronic cinema attitude ( the buzz word before digital ) and just wouldn't except the writing's on the wall, until it was to late to catch up. I would get into debates with them, however they were just too stubborn about what was the reality of the situation.

That is a lesson all companies and individuals can take with them in life. You must be willing to be open minded to reality, and be willing to adapt to change regardless of where you stand if it means long term survival is at stake.

Pappas
    http://PAPPASARTS.WORDPRESS.COM
    http://TWITTER.COM/PAPPASARTS

“The talent of an artist is never measured on how real they can create something, it’s on how much life they can give it”

4. Collapse Details
    Awesome camera... Not definively pro, expect price aroun 80k euros.

More about specs and history...
    http://www.pampuri.net/2012/02/12/mi...-star-is-born/

5. Collapse Details
    Kodak, the company which developed first digital camera...
    Most of big companies are scary to move anywhere, they just to want stay still till is totally late. They hate it, they dont want any development or change, thay rather just only plain talk about. Therefore they like to support totalitarianism goverments around the world if they have bussines in their country. Thank god for brave ones who take the risk.
    Get me out of this 8bit world!

6. Collapse Details
    Kodak just announced it is getting out of the imaging business altogether. No joke. They are mainly going to focus on printers and such. Going after HP territory.

This is not speaking for the film emulsion side. No idea what they plan to do with that. I'm just talking about Kodak digital sensors and such. Seems that has a roadmap out of town.

7. Collapse Details
    Kodaks digi sensor division was withdrawn from big mama and sold to Platinum Equity.

They should develop and produce cheap 35mm scanners back then, because almost everybody always wanted to shoot 35mm footage and get that 35mm look, but they didnt get it. Power of cheap and more and more powerfull home editing and projecting tools was here so only bottle neck was how to cheaply get it in the computer.
    So the democratization of filming has to wait on development of cheaper bigger sensor digital cameras and all hunger was feeded with the first generations of crappy video DSLR bodies ... just by an accident and by little but important push from Red. Suprisingly for Canon its still unwanted child, what a joke...
    Last edited by hawaj; 04-15-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Get me out of this 8bit world!

8. Collapse Details
    WOW.

Three questions (that don't seem to be answered in the literature):

1) Sensor size?

2) Mount?

3) Price?
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I.N.A.T.E. - I.A.T.S.

9. Collapse Details
    Does anyone know were at NAB one can see this Camera?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    WOW.

Three questions (that don't seem to be answered in the literature):

1) Sensor size?

2) Mount?

3) Price?
    1) S35mm
    2) PL
    3) I don't think it's been said yet

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast