1. Collapse Details
    Please tell me how to get my GH2 footage into FCP X
    I am going crazy here trying to figure out how to get my footage from the memory card (.MTS files) into Final Cut. After doing research, I learned ClipWrap is the best option, and I tried that but the results are filled with dropped frames and digital distortion.

I do not want to lose quality. I want to keep it as close to native as possible. This has to be possible right? One of the most popular video DSLR cameras into one of the most popular editing programs. You would think right?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Collapse Details
    Import from Camera, uncheck any of the transcode options, and FCPX will re-wrap the MTS files into Quicktime movies.
    I shoot everything on 8mm tape. BALLER STATUS

3. Collapse Details
    Yep- Import Camera will do the best job. Make sure you're in original/HQ mode not proxy in your preferences.

-Noah
    One of 50 Best Websites for Moviemakers by MovieMaker Magazine: www.CallBoxLive.com
    40% discount code for DVXusers: dvxcbx20
    Good on all Call Box videos including Panasonic GH2, Panasonic AC160/130 and GoPro HD.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by hendosan View Post
    Import from Camera, uncheck any of the transcode options, and FCPX will re-wrap the MTS files into Quicktime movies.
    I can't import from camera because FCP X doesn't see my camera. And if I try Import > Files from the memory card, the .MTS files from the memory card are greyed out. :-/

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie_Freed View Post
    I am going crazy here trying to figure out how to get my footage from the memory card (.MTS files) into Final Cut.
    Is the whole file structure intact when you place the card in the computer? FCP X will not see the individual MTS files if that is all you have.

I have no problem with my GH2 and FCP X. But I haven't hacked mine.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneinapond View Post
    Is the whole file structure intact when you place the card in the computer? FCP X will not see the individual MTS files if that is all you have.

I have no problem with my GH2 and FCP X. But I haven't hacked mine.
    When I put my memory card in the computer and click on it, I see the DCIM, MISC, and PRIVATE folders. All three of those folders are greyed out when I try to Import > Files in FCP. I even tried dragging the files into my desktop first but that didn't work either. Nor does it work with the cable connection.

7. Collapse Details
    I think you need to select Import from Camera when you insert the card, not Import Files. Don't open anything on the card. I won't be back at my studio until Monday, but if you are still having problems, I'll try to help. Also try a different card reader. You really shouldn't be having problems.

8. Collapse Details
    Yeah you want to import from camera, that is the only way to get AVCHD footage into FCPX unless you do a separate transcode or rewrap. Import files doesn't work.
    I shoot everything on 8mm tape. BALLER STATUS