Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67
  1. Collapse Details
    Shane Hurlbut: C300 VS Alexa
    #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    427


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #2
    Senior Member PappasArts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    LA·NY·UK
    Posts
    2,344
    Default
    C300 and Alexa Comparison on Game of Thrones Promo

    Watch in 1080p.



    Pappas
    http://PAPPASARTS.WORDPRESS.COM
    http://TWITTER.COM/PAPPASARTS

    “The talent of an artist is never measured on how real they can create something, it’s on how much life they can give it”


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #3
    Senior Member gonzo_entertainment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    1,445
    Default
    Very nice indeed. haven't seen then up for rental locally yet, but I may try one out for a weekend when they show up.


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #4
    Resident Preditor mcgeedigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Potomac Falls, VA
    Posts
    6,657
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by PappasArts View Post
    C300 and Alexa Comparison on Game of Thrones Promo

    Watch in 1080p.



    Pappas
    http://PAPPASARTS.WORDPRESS.COM
    http://TWITTER.COM/PAPPASARTS
    Sorry, but that Alexa footage could have been graded MUCH better.
    Matt Gottshalk - Dp/Editor
    McGee Digital Media


    EPIC-X #00740 "Decker"
    Duclos 11-16mm
    RPZ 17-50mm
    Red 50-150mm
    Canon C100 and Ninja Blade recorder
    Nikon D800


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #5
    Senior Member cowpunk52's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,328
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgeedigital View Post
    Sorry, but that Alexa footage could have been graded MUCH better.
    Personally, I feel the same about the C300 footage! But, you know what they say about opinions, right? ;)


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #6
    Senior Member PappasArts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    LA·NY·UK
    Posts
    2,344
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgeedigital View Post
    Sorry, but that Alexa footage could have been graded MUCH better.
    That's possibly the creative look they went for, not necessarily an error or bad grading. The Alexa's got better DR, skin tones and roll off to name a few. Actors faces look great on Alexa. Of course the filter package was different on these, so that needs to be considered as well. Price aside from a rental POV, Alexa has a stunning image as does the C300- it's a fine camera, just out of it's class up against Alexa in many areas not just image.



    Pappas
    http://PAPPASARTS.WORDPRESS.COM
    http://TWITTER.COM/PAPPASARTS
    Last edited by PappasArts; 04-06-2012 at 02:46 PM.

    “The talent of an artist is never measured on how real they can create something, it’s on how much life they can give it”


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #7
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,303
    Default
    Seeing the C300 up against Alexa like that makes it look really bad.

    Nowhere near the same quality... what happened to the baby Alexa claims? =[


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #8
    Senior Member cowpunk52's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,328
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi View Post
    Seeing the C300 up against Alexa like that makes it look really bad.

    Nowhere near the same quality... what happened to the baby Alexa claims? =[
    Are you kidding? You do understand that there is a massive price difference between the two cameras, right? And, just judging from what I see in this test, there's no reason why a C300 couldn't cut in quite well as a b-cam to the Alexa. Of course, I'm not the only one who thinks so since the camera has been routinely used as a second cam to Alexa's since they've been out.

    I've personally seen it used that way on a few occasions, but you could always just ask Ron Howard


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    #9
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,303
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpunk52 View Post
    Are you kidding? You do understand that there is a massive price difference between the two cameras, right? And, just judging from what I see in this test, there's no reason why a C300 couldn't cut in quite well as a b-cam to the Alexa. Of course, I'm not the only one who thinks so since the camera has been routinely used as a second cam to Alexa's since they've been out.

    I've personally seen it used that way on a few occasions, but you could always just ask Ron Howard
    Wait, what!? How much does Alexa cost?!?!?!

    But now that I'm no longer kidding, it is a comparison video. One that was done objectively. I don't see the baby Alexa claim from this test, and it looks bad up against the camera. I was personally expecting it to be slightly better than what's represented.

    Not even sure why the Ron Howard link was necessary. But, I had no idea who he was before you posted that, so I learned something new.


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    #10
    Senior Member cowpunk52's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,328
    Default
    Nice job editing your post quickly after that passive aggressive comment (something to the effect of "why do people need famous filmmakers to validate their purchases"). Now I understand why people complain about you as a moderator.


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •