Thread: Nikon to F3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Nikon to F3
    Just got our new adaptor for Nikon/Nikkor lenses. It's a 1.5 zoom but works with the new G-series who don't have a manual apature ring. We'll do a proper test in the next two weeks or so with charts and stuff but we were pretty stoked on how it looked with some of our personal 80s Nikons.500mm on there just for fun ===> 750mm

IMG_0041.JPGIMG_0042.JPGIMG_0043.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Cool! Which adapter are you using? I have a set of Nikkor primes which I'd love to use on an F3 but the only adapter I've seen runs around $500 which is pretty pricey.

3. Collapse Details
    I have used the MTF and Optitek and I prefer the Optitek, much better build and you can actually use the F-stops marked out.
    Chong Pak
    Cinematographer

4. Collapse Details
    +1

I wasn't terribly impressed with the MTF and was part of the Optitek group purchase. I don't regret that choice.

Ned Soltz

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nsoltz View Post
    +1

I wasn't terribly impressed with the MTF and was part of the Optitek group purchase. I don't regret that choice.

Ned Soltz
    Does anyone have a direct link to purchase the Optitek? I've been searching with no avail, would be nice to have the f-stop marks.
    Anyone have a favorite Nikon/Nikkor lens they have been using on the F3?

6. Collapse Details
    The Adaptimax is also very good at $390. I bought their Nikon adaptor. Simple design but works fine. The screw is invaluable when adjusting the more modern DX lens.

adaptimax.jpg
    www.peterjohnsonmusic.com (Moving Imagery = Ultimate Expression)

7. Collapse Details
    Here's the contact page...

http://optitek.org/contact.php

Check through the archives there is a fair amount of stuff on it but I would simply call the fellow up. Seach using "Optitek".

8. Collapse Details
    I use the Optitek mostly with the 17-35 f/2.8 -- it is a combination recommended by Duke on this site and works really well. The 17-35 has a smooth zoom, is parfocal, takes 77mm filters and does not change in length so it works with matte boxes well (I have the O-Box). It has click stop f/ or you can "declick" within the lens and use the markings on the Optitek which is what I do.

9. Collapse Details
    First of all... on the Optitek adaptor - I assume you're all talking about the Nikon ProLock. The website refers to it being for RED but I assume this is the same one for the F3.

One thing I don't understand is if you watch the install video, he takes the PL mount off the Red and then says the ProLock replaces the PL mount on the Red. How does this work with the F3? Or am I missing something simple?

10. Collapse Details
    You need to email Jacek directly about the ProLock for the F3 since he only has the Red version on the site. I can tell you that after fiddling with the very picky MTF-- either too tight, too loose, not feeling secure-- the ProLock is best choice. You get what you pay for.

Ned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast