1. Collapse Details
    Best export settings for collaborating
    I'm working with a VFX artist who is across the country, and I'm trying to get lossless footage to him to work on.
    We have a file sharing account set up where we can send files up to 10gigs in one file.

My question is, how do I export the clips out of premiere so that I lose little to no quality back and forth to and fro?
    Joseph Lavender
    Writer/Producer/Director/Actor/
    IMDB
    www.blackflightstudios.com
    EXIT 101 halloween Party Massacre available on DVD nationwide at many retailers!
    The Legend of Seven Toe Maggie is due out this summer!
    Panasonic GH2 User

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmyth View Post
    I'm working with a VFX artist who is across the country, and I'm trying to get lossless footage to him to work on.
    We have a file sharing account set up where we can send files up to 10gigs in one file.

My question is, how do I export the clips out of premiere so that I lose little to no quality back and forth to and fro?
    The only official 'lossless' codec I've used is the "Animation" codec that Quicktime has. I believe a PC, running Premiere, and with Quicktime installed, can output material using the animation codec.

TIFF image format allows for a 'lossless' compression mode, but I don't know if Premiere supports the option.
    JPEG2000 also supports a lossless compression mode as well... but again, don't know if Premiere supports it.

If the Animation codec is possible for you, you could use 'zip' or equivalent to compress the large file, and perhaps get 20-30% (maybe better...) compression for your net transfers.

Lossless for TIFF and JPEG2000 is essentially a 2-D compression technique that is applied to every frame. I don't know if there are any codecs that support difference frame 'lossless' compression... The idea being that most frames in a given time interval are 'almost like each other'... which is the basis of the lossy compression techniques, but there more data is 'tossed' that what you are wanting...

3. Collapse Details
    If you're both on Windows, the free and lossless UT codec plays very nicely with Premiere Pro. I use it often for intermediates.