Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Most compatible field recorder at present for the FS100?
    What do you think is the most compatible HD field recorder at present time for the FS100?
    I am curious as to what some of you are currently using, and if your happy with your set up.
    If nothing new comes out at NAB I will be purchasing one
    soon for my FS100. Thanks in advance.

2. Collapse Details
    Pix220/240 and Nanoflash this is what I used. Currently I decided to go with pix220 I think it's really good one. Btw letus are selling last Nanoflash for 1000$ original price is almost 3000. Both Nanoflash and pix are great. They do everything that you will need include pull down high bit rate and different codecs and frame rates. I decided to go with pix because its also really good sound recorder. All other specs are almost the same in pix220/240 with Nanoflash. Here is the link to letus Nanoflash 1 left. If I were you I would buy it with out thinking. (but please do not purchase it only because I said it). http://www.letusdirect.com/cart/nanoflash-en.html

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Khachik Mkrtchyan View Post
    Pix220/240.....<snip> I decided to go with pix because its also really good sound recorder. ...<snip> [/url]
    Khachik, can you clarify something for me? Are you saying that the Pix units can be used as "audio only" recorders as well as their normal function?

dave
    FCP 7.0, PP 6, MacPro Octo 2.8, MBPro, EX1, MXO2, Sachtler FSB6

4. Collapse Details
    damn its out of stock!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabeapilot View Post
    damn its out of stock!
    Do you mean pix220?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thxdave View Post
    Khachik, can you clarify something for me? Are you saying that the Pix units can be used as "audio only" recorders as well as their normal function?

dave
    Honestly I haven't tried to use it as a field recorder but I meant that there are a lot of customization especially in pix240 and audio quality etc

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    I wouldn't consider any Pix other than the 240 (though I really like the specs and what I hear about it). SDI is a much better connection and if you ever upgrade to a camera that the Pix can take advantage of the SDI with, then you'll be happy you did.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Khachik Mkrtchyan View Post
    Do you mean pix220?
    no the nanoflash from letus

it $995 thats $1000 cheaper than anywhere else

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
    I wouldn't consider any Pix other than the 240 (though I really like the specs and what I hear about it). SDI is a much better connection and if you ever upgrade to a camera that the Pix can take advantage of the SDI with, then you'll be happy you did.
    I'm totally agree with you, that is why I'm selling my secong unit which is pix220 now and keeping pix240.

10. Collapse Details
    I've rented and used KiPro and Ninja. Both solid units, but AJA had issues with PSF, and I personally don't like the Ninja interface.

Having looked at the field, I'm on the verge of buying the Pix240, even though it's in a completely different price bracket to the Atomos gear.

I'm taking the lesson from Microphone purchase in that the recorder is going to last longer than the camera and quite probably my edit workflow. It brings HD-SDI, genlock, up/down-converting and awesome Mic Preamps to my FS100 party. The fact that it's a nice monitor is a bonus. As is (and I shake my head in disbelief at this point) the ability to charge two NP-F batteries when running on mains.

I just hope that NAB brings a WFM or Histogram to the Pix range. And a punch-in mode. And a peaking feature. And false colour exposure. Oh wait... sounds like I want a Production Monitor...
    Director/Editor - MDMA Ltd: Write, Shoot, Edit, Publish - Showreel, www.mdma.tv & Blog
    EX1 x2, C100 --> FCPX & now CS6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast