See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    i'm guessing that problem is when they removed olpf they removed uv/ir cut filter (because they are fused together), and sensor is now contaminated ...
    so there are two option buy external filter or send to maxmax to install custom uv/ir filter...

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dustylense View Post
    Why ask? It's obvious. It's been 3 weeks since James posted that footage. If it were some revelation that removing the OPLF were the advantage, they both would have more to show or post. They opened the camera and removed a design feature that canon scientifically placed there and threw off the balance of the sensor. Now they have to reopen the camera to try and make adjustments for focus and what not, test, fail, and reopen the camera, test, fail, reopen and ruin their camera.
    The footage that Andrew put up of London before he played Operation on his camera looked nice. Then went into his camera and since has not posted ANY footage from the camera since. He broke it.
    Someone posted that MaxMax had converted 2 cameras. Were is the footage from those 2 cameras?

So here it is, Andrew of EosHD (funny name being he rants about Sonys, and Gh2's), show us what the results are of your little experiment! You're costly experiment that is. What a nut...
    Screw it, I'll go over there and ask what the result is. I'm not afraid of him.
    LOL You're funny Christopher. The world without you, wouldn't be the same :-) There is a lot going beyond the curtains. Unnecessary or even useless to be or go online. Like a box office trailer. If you easily get a ripped off version, HD or not, it is not good for business. It is the same when you've wondered about who's this or that one : ) Only a few can have access to. Go figure if we can go naked along the street. Only our best 2nd half is able to appreciate ;-)
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by vladszp View Post
    i'm guessing that problem is when they removed olpf they removed uv/ir cut filter (because they are fused together), and sensor is now contaminated ...
    so there are two option buy external filter or send to maxmax to install custom uv/ir filter...
    Or you can just leave it alone and shoot pretty pictures with it? Look, if you want a TRUE 1080p image, pay for it.

4. Collapse Details
    Look, if you want a TRUE 1080p image, pay for it.
    I think this is the essence of peoples anger with Canon (I'm in no way implicating that the 5DIII isn't good or well loved) is that 4 years ago almost HD was the 5DIII. With the pace of technology and we all know the power is out there at a fraction of the cost 4 years ago, I guess people just expected more. The DSLR revolution was about HD and a large sensor being affordable. It now appears that big corporations are trying hard to re-create that divide between major and indie production.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel View Post
    LOL You're funny Christopher. The world without you, wouldn't be the same :-) There is a lot going beyond the curtains. Unnecessary or even useless to be or go online. Like a box office trailer. If you easiily get a ripped off version, HD or not, it is not good for business. It is the same when you've wondered about who's this or that one : ) Only a few can have access to. Go figure if we can go naked along the street. Only our 2nd best half is able to appreciate ;-)
    Well, I just e-mailed him and called him out. I find it funny that he and James went completely silent on the issue. It takes all of 10 minutes to shoot and share clips these days.
    The thing about Andrew of EOSHD that puts a bad taste in my mouth is that the guy is so easily distracted by this camera that camera. I give him credit for his effort. But at the same time get a chuckle think about how sore his neck must be from his head spinning about what camera is the camera of the week. It's like the Gh2 hack. How many are there now? Go shoot hackers. "Look, this one has more refined detail in that leaf on that tree".
    If I did the operation on the camera and removed the OPLF, then BLOGGED about it, I would share info immediately if it worked or destroyed my camera so others could know whats up.
    The sad thing is Andrew has an eye. His work is nice visually. But he spends too much time over thinking about this cam that cam. Pick one that works and shoot and keep what it's shot on secret and let the images tell the story.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by RatLabProductions View Post
    I think this is the essence of peoples anger with Canon (I'm in no way implicating that the 5DIII isn't good or well loved) is that 4 years ago almost HD was the 5DIII. With the pace of technology and we all know the power is out there at a fraction of the cost 4 years ago, I guess people just expected more. The DSLR revolution was about HD and a large sensor being affordable. It now appears that big corporations are trying hard to re-create that divide between major and indie production.
    Or.... Maybe it's just not all that easy to put TRUE 1080p in a stills camera? Who knows. But to say Canon does it to protect their higher end cameras is starting to get old. Let's say the Mk3 could do 4k and true 4K and $2800? They would have to lay off 50% of their workforce in camera making.
    Lord, its still a STILLS camera. Just happens to have video in it. Video that now had far less moire and far less aliasing.

7. Collapse Details
    One of the 2 cameras at MaxMax was mine, not sure who the other one belongs to. I got mine back today. So far, I am a bit underwhelmed. The difference in resolution is negligible. I'll be looking at more stuff tonight.
    I had both sensors removed and replaced with glass to continue to serve the anti-dust system. Camera works fine, no aliasing to speak of but also very little gain in sharpness. We'll see but right now I'm unimpressed.
    Bill

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by 3hats View Post
    One of the 2 cameras at MaxMax was mine, not sure who the other one belongs to. I got mine back today. So far, I am a bit underwhelmed. The difference in resolution is negligible. I'll be looking at more stuff tonight.
    I had both sensors removed and replaced with glass to continue to serve the anti-dust system. Camera works fine, no aliasing to speak of but also very little gain in sharpness. We'll see but right now I'm unimpressed.
    Bill
    Cool. A dvxuser with guts that can finally put this issue to rest. Do you have a buddy near you with the stock MK3. Because a side by side test is the final judgment. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU 3hats!

9. Collapse Details
    Cool. A dvxuser with guts that can finally put this issue to rest. Do you have a buddy near you with the stock MK3. Because a side by side test is the final judgment. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU 3hats!
    A side by side test is indeed the only way to settle it, but PLEASE, if you do so, make it a scientifically repeatable test. A simple resolution chart or, ideally, a zone plate would tell us everything we need to know.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    A side by side test is indeed the only way to settle it, but PLEASE, if you do so, make it a scientifically repeatable test. A simple resolution chart or, ideally, a zone plate would tell us everything we need to know.
    Exactly! Then go out and shoot real life shots. But make sure there are camera movements as well, not just static shots.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast