1. Collapse Details
    Hyperdeck shuttle 2 Uncompressed video and Vegas
    Can someone help me view the uncompressed video from the Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 in Vegas? Regardless of the way I bring the file into Vegas, all I can get are 16 audio tracks, no video. Has anyone found the answer to this problem?

Thanks in advance.
    Jim Evans

2. Collapse Details
    Did you ever get an answer for this? I am having the same problem. Even Quicktime won't playback anything but the audio. With VLC Media Player I can play back the video, but I get no audio. If I play it from the Shuttle I get the video and audio, so the streams are there, I just don't know wtf I'm missing to get this to work properly with anything in Windows.

3. Collapse Details
    Nope. I just use one of the compressed codeks now and it is fine in Vegas.
    Jim Evans

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah I haven't had any problems with the compressed ones either, but I'm doing some green screen work where uncompressed is necessary. I really wish I could figure out why this isn't working.

5. Collapse Details
    Hi again Adam

FWIW - I only use the UNcompressed codec ( on my Hyperdeck) for CGI work. The file sizes are impractical for anything but this.

Prores HQ (422) etc are fine for Key work.
    www.shooterfilm.co.nz

Panasonic AF102

SONY-FS700R

RR baseplate , F/F, Shoot35 Cinebox, Panasonic 1700HD Monitors. Adaptimax adapters. Ikan VX7e. Samurai

Prime Lenses: Nikkors . 20/f2.8, 24/f2.8, 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.4, 50/f2, Micro 55/f3.5, Micro 60/f2.8, 85/f1.8, 105/f2.5, 135/f2.8, Contax -Zeiss 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.7, 85/f2.8

VariPrimes: Nikkor 17-35/f2.8, Nikkor 28-70/f2.8,

GH2. Olympus 14-54 MkII

Cartoni , Weaver Heads , Miller legs. Zhuter Slider

6. Collapse Details
    Heya Shooter! Hmm. Did you have to download anything in order to read the uncompressed files? Even if I wind up not using the uncompressed since you stated you can use ProRes, I'd love to have uncompressed as an option if I ever need it.

Do you find ProRes to be better than DNxHD? If I can use a compressed format for keys I'm all for that, since the size of uncompressed is just crazy.

7. Collapse Details
    No problems in Adobe Premiere but far too impractical and un neccessary and I would not want hours of it.

100GB uncomp = 11 minutes !!!!!!

We use ProRes and DNxHD as well as AVCHD for Keys . I dual record to AVCHD and a Samurai (Prores HQ) generally ...then

The Hyperdeck only comes out for CG work if the fx/animators want it. ( Rarely)
    www.shooterfilm.co.nz

Panasonic AF102

SONY-FS700R

RR baseplate , F/F, Shoot35 Cinebox, Panasonic 1700HD Monitors. Adaptimax adapters. Ikan VX7e. Samurai

Prime Lenses: Nikkors . 20/f2.8, 24/f2.8, 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.4, 50/f2, Micro 55/f3.5, Micro 60/f2.8, 85/f1.8, 105/f2.5, 135/f2.8, Contax -Zeiss 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.7, 85/f2.8

VariPrimes: Nikkor 17-35/f2.8, Nikkor 28-70/f2.8,

GH2. Olympus 14-54 MkII

Cartoni , Weaver Heads , Miller legs. Zhuter Slider

8. Collapse Details
    Gotchya. I'll see if I can cure some of my chroma woes based on your replies in the other thread.

As far as uncompressed goes, the guys at BMD contacted me via email, and gave me a solution that fixed that problem:

Sounds like the PC does not have access to the 10 bit codec and hence is not decoding it properly.

Go to the Support page, select Windows, then DeckLink and then DeckLink HD Extreme and download and install the Desktop Video driver and this should install the proper codecs on your computer to allow you to decode this uncompressed 10 bit video.
    This worked for me. The uncompressed files play back in QT and also load in Vegas for me now.