Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by anatusa View Post
    could u plz measure the amount of VOLTS u get out of your 7.2V hole, i still think that problem i have with my unit is voltage issue..... as i get 8.35V..... if your unit gives u less then 8V then for sure i need to return it!

unfortunately the guys who sells DC POWER PLUGs (the link u provided) - dont sell internationally if orders are less then 100$ ..... i could not find it on ebay

so u think that that 14$ cable fits AF100? ..... if so i am going to buy it, i just did not know it as in compatible models list only 2 and i think consumer models, if its same one i am going to get it then...

regards
    Ok. I will check but cant promise I can get to it today. I'm pretty swamped since getting back from a 10 day shoot.

If I can help you by purchasing the parts even making the cord I will. But how long it will take to get done can be an issue.
    FOR SALE - Sennheiser Evolution G2 Wireless

My Videos On Vimeo
    http://www.vimeo.com/eriknaso
    Twitter: ErikNaso
    Blog www.eriknaso.com
    Cams: C100, C300, GH4, A7s & anything else I can get my hands on.
    Lenses: More than my wife knows. ssshhh....

2. Collapse Details
    It would be incorrect to base the functioning of the pinch directly off the output voltage.

This is because lithium ion/polymer batteries do not take their operating voltage to charge - they require a higher input to charge from flat to full.
    Likewise, the battery itself will change voltage dramatically between 8.4v and 6v, depending on the charge level and age.
    Thus, you will find that the pinch operates near to 8.4v in order to be able to fully charge the battery.
    If the pinch was around 7.4v then it would not be supplying enough juice to get your battery to full charge (and you would then have problems with your batteries running flat!)

What you really need to look at is the "max voltage", not the "nominal voltage" (which is what's written on the label: i.e: 7.4v battery, 12v battery etc.).
    The best way to measure this would be to get the original DC charger included with your camcorder and either measure the voltage from that or look up the specs online.
    You can then compare this directly with the output from the pinch - you will see that both the DC charger and the pinch will NOT be 7.4v (or 12v or whatever the nominal rating is of your battery).

This is just the nature of Li batteries and as long as your charge source is not dramatically off (i.e: no 10v output for your 7.4v nominal voltage battery!) you will be fine.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Naso View Post
    Ok. I will check but cant promise I can get to it today. I'm pretty swamped since getting back from a 10 day shoot.

If I can help you by purchasing the parts even making the cord I will. But how long it will take to get done can be an issue.
    thank you very much! well , when ever you can do it is fine, even if it will take longer time...... and even if i ll make it work my self, its still will be great to have a normal cord with normal connectors , instead of the one i have now, and ill be able to use my old as an extra one .....

regards

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Naso View Post

hey! any chance u can do it any soon? i kind of stock here, ...... its a real joy powering my dp1x it , but thats all i can do for now....... btw i put it on my new edelkrone rig and it sits great there....

regards

5. Collapse Details
    guys could some one plz send me the connectors i am missing....... will cover your expanses and shipping with my pp
    regards

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by GanEdenVideo View Post
    This is perhaps where a hack would come in handy to allow use of 3rd party batteries....
    You don't need a hack.

You just need to go back and read Alex's post (the one immediately preceding yours), because he's absolutely correct.

(Which explains why I've not had any issues using 2 different brands of generic batteries with my AF-100 over the last 12 months).
    AF100, GH4, Lumix 7-14, 12-35, 35-100, 14-140, 100-300.

7. Collapse Details
    batteries has nothing to do with it, all i need is the right connector that unfortunately is not for sale locally, not on ebay, and few usa sites who has it, dont ship internationally. ALSO i already PROVED that battery has nothing to do with it as i connected it with out a connector using peace of iron and an extra peace of cord - checked and all worked fine!

so all i need is the right connector!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12