Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Ye, dont get me wrong. I worked as a fashion retoucher for a while, so i know the power of Photoshop for imaging.
    And im sure there are tons of ways to import batch import, frame by frame video into photoshop and apply your effects.
    However, i push After Effects because its much more powerful then Premier and closer to Photoshop...but for video. Basically, if time - money is the end result. Then After Effects is the solution. So maybe you should have a closer look at what is (features and plug'ins) available in AE.
    But yes, you loose some of those great plug'ins and effects that you can find in Photoshop.

2. Collapse Details
    I'm importing the Psd files, not dragging it....

3. Collapse Details
    You can, of course, always export the video you edited in PS and then import that into PPro. I sometimes export as an image sequence (TIF) and then bring that sequence into PPro or AE.

Let me clarify a few things I thought I knew when I was posting earlier. When I actually sat in front of a pc with CS4, I learned a few things about what I thought I was remembering.

If I simply add an adjustment layer (ie curves or exposure) to video in PS, save that as a .psd and import it into PPro, everything seems to work fine. (This is what I usually do if I am working with Photoshop and Premiere.) If, in PS, I add a filter of some sort to the video, the video MUST be a smart object, otherwise the filter will only apply to whatever frame I was on when I added the filter. This is contrary to what I mentioned in my first response.

Even if the filter is added to a smart object and the file saved as .psd, it will appear into PPro as a single image. To bring a video edited in PS into Premeire, you must export it (as video or image seq) then import that into Premiere.

Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.

Jim

4. Collapse Details
    Those were my conclusions so far. Adjustment layers will show up when you import the PSD to Premiere, filters wont even if you turn the layer on Photoshop into a smart object.

Does anyone know if Photoshop the Cineform codec? I think that if Im going to be exporting videos back an forth it might as well be in a lossless codec that also allows for smooth editing.

5. Collapse Details
    Just export from PS as an image sequence. it's a pretty standard way to move effects shots around.... and your NLE, After Effects, etc should all be able to import it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12