Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    I don't recommend making changes to Sanity 5 - the parameters all hang in a delicate balance. If for some reason you're having problems, I would suggest trying Sanity 4.1.

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks Ralph,

I know, that there is no big space to play on my own. But it could be, that you already faced such an issue.

I will test the 4.1 and post the results.

Thanks

3. Collapse Details
    Ralph

I tested noe the 4.1. It is a little bit better in HBR and 24H Mode, but I still see slightly pilsation, shimmer of the picture at mooving the camera in the case that complete picture chainges whole the time, not only a part of it. The improvement is at Playback of 24H Mode. It works now. With Sanity 5 it did nor work- it freezes.

4. Collapse Details
    Anything new on San 4?

5. Collapse Details
    UPDATE: SANITY 5

I never formally posted SANITY 5 in this thread, so here it is.

Sanity 5 is a significant update based on an unexpected discovery. I found a way to increase image quality and at the same time lower the bitrate. Sounds incredible, but it's true. Typical bitrates will be about twice stock. I applied this technique to all shooting modes - 24P, 720P 1080i and HBR. Sanity 5 works for both NTSC and PAL. There is only one version. Try it. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, if not outright amazed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ralph B; 11-23-2012 at 09:30 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    SANITY 5.1 UPDATE

I have been shooting exclusively with Sanity 5 for eight months and never had a single problem with it - until last week. Here's a frame grab. Yikes, what a mess!

Whata mess.jpg

Over the months, a couple of people reported problems similar to this. At the time, I assumed it was card related. It is not. And to these people, I apologize. But until last week, I had no way to reproduce the problem myself. Although this image breakup is rare, it obviously can happen.

SANITY 5.1 fixes this and prevents it from occuring. I strongly recommend SANITY 5 users install the update.

SANITY 5.1 works reliably in all shooting modes - 24H, 24L, FSH, FH, SH, H, HBR, ETC in all modes, and all variable frame rates.

I did extensive spanning tests of SANITY 5.1 and it's the same as SANITY 5 with one addition - ETC spans when shooting in 24L mode. Here are the patch notes for spanning:

Spanning works in 24L, FH, SH & H modes. When spanning, do not go above ISO 5000.
    Spanning works with ETC in 24L mode. Do not go above ISO 3200.
    Spanning does not work with ETC in any other mode.
    Spanning works in HBR mode with third party manual lenses. Do not go above ISO 3200.
    Spanning does not work reliably in HBR mode when using lenses with electrical contacts.

Enjoy, and good shooting!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ralph B; 01-06-2013 at 05:43 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph B View Post
    SANITY 5.1 UPDATE

I have been shooting exclusively with Sanity 5 for eight months and never had a single problem with it - until last week. Here's a frame grab. Yikes, what a mess!

Whata mess.jpg

Over the months, a couple of people reported problems similar to this. At the time, I assumed it was card related. It is not. And to these people, I apologize. But until last week, I had no way to reproduce the problem myself. Although this image breakup is rare, it obviously can happen.

SANITY 5.1 fixes this and prevents it from occuring. I strongly recommend SANITY 5 users install the update.

I did extensive spanning tests of SANITY 5.1 and it's the same as SANITY 5 with one addition - ETC spans when shooting in 24L mode. Here are the patch notes:

Spanning works in 24L, FH, SH & H modes. When spanning, do not go above ISO 5000.
    Spanning works with ETC in 24L mode. Do not go above ISO 3200.
    Spanning does not work with ETC in any other mode.
    Spanning works in HBR mode with third party manual lenses. Do not go above ISO 3200.
    Spanning does not work reliably in HBR mode when using lenses with electrical contacts.

Enjoy, and good shooting!

I accept your apology, I brought this to your attention a couple of months ago.....
    Thanks for the Fix.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by J.F.R. View Post
    I accept your apology, I brought this to your attention a couple of months ago.....
    Thanks for the Fix.
    Same here. The patch is solid, but I noticed this when pushing it to the limits with movement. Ofcourse, the frame-grab above is of a blurry movement shot. Most of us would loose that in editing.

Can we get the Pasedena audio levels incorporated on the next round? I hate having to plugin those numbers every time...
    http://perlichtman.com/pasdenapulse/...dio-v2-beta-2/

Great update!

9. Collapse Details
    This may be a stupid question, but WILL Sanity work on the GH1?

This post is in the GH1 area, but people seem to allude that it's not. Thanks!

I'm really interested, but I don't want to muck up my camera.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanguayIII View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but WILL Sanity work on the GH1?

This post is in the GH1 area, but people seem to allude that it's not. Thanks!

I'm really interested, but I don't want to muck up my camera.
    Sorry, Sanity is for the GH2 only.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345