1. Collapse Details
    C300 Footage on NBC This Week
    There will be C300 footage broadcast all week on Last Call w/ Carson Daly starting tomorrow night. We used two C300's mixed in with the regular DSLR suspects shooting at SXSW last week - mostly during the concert recordings, and as a roamer for interviews & spotlights. We used the opportunity for general testing of the C300 for broader rollout of use in future production. It proved to be a really impressive camera for this show's purposes, and was able to give us shooting opportunities that would not have been feasible with any other large sensor camera like the RED or F3.

Comes on NBC, late night - check your local listings!
    Last edited by cowpunk52; 03-18-2012 at 12:31 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Any chance for Europeans to see your shots?

3. Collapse Details
    Segments should be available on the LCCD website (http://www.nbc.com/last-call-with-carson-daly/) and also on Hulu. The concerts always get posted by third parties to YouTube as well, and I'll link them as they come up.

4. Collapse Details
    Steak Knife Member David G. Smith's Avatar
    I look forward to seeing the footage. I am nowhere near able to get one, but I think it is an exciting camera. So, do you think the camera lives up to its hype?
    "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations"
    -Orson Wells.

"To me the great hope is... people that normally wouldn't be making movies will make them and suddenly some little fat girl in Ohio will be the new Mozart and will make a beautiful film using her father's camera-corder and the "Professionalism" of movie making will be destroyed forever and it will finally become an art form."
    -Francis Ford Coppola.

5. Collapse Details
    Nice you were in our city. Did you hear about THE WARNER SOUND at La Zona Rosa? They were covering the stage with eight Nikon D4 and had two D800 ready for backup. Ran into Joe Simon three times during the fest and the last time he has his C300 with him...

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by goetzpd View Post
    Nice you were in our city. Did you hear about THE WARNER SOUND at La Zona Rosa? They were covering the stage with eight Nikon D4 and had two D800 ready for backup. Ran into Joe Simon three times during the fest and the last time he has his C300 with him...
    I didn't! We were on an incredibly tight schedule - shot 13 musical acts, 4 interviews, and about half a dozen spotlights in about 3 and a half days at several different venues and locations. We were running with three 7D's, one 5DII, and two C300's. One of those C300's we actually picked up from TMS on the morning of the 13th before we started shooting! Terry Nixon helped me out with that one.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David G. Smith View Post
    I look forward to seeing the footage. I am nowhere near able to get one, but I think it is an exciting camera. So, do you think the camera lives up to its hype?
    In a word, yes. Once you use it, and see the results, you understand why.