Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    So bummed. I was excited for it today haha. Oh well! More anticipation!

2. Collapse Details
    Very disappointing, unless they are giving us 4:2:2 50 Mb/s recording there is no excuse, other features can wait for the next FW update down the road.

3. Collapse Details
    Let's not jump to conclusions yet, the day isn't over. Like all things, we are getting multiple stories. I know the person I talk with is DEFINITELY in the know, as I talk directly to the project manager, but have not heard anything from him yet.

Let's also remember the fact that updating camera capabilities is a big plus that not a lot of companies are doing at this level of camera. Bug fixes yes, but enhancements no. Just the fact they are setting a precedence in the bigger players to do this is a BIG plus for me.
    formerly know as grimepoch.

4. Collapse Details
    I'm actually glad its late...I'll have a shoot Saturday and it's probably good that I don't have to worry about the possibility of a buggy update!
    "That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again."
    http://www.robmneilson.com

5. Collapse Details
    Well,like I said I called Sony Pro Canada, the person told me the product manager was in a meeting and she would ask and call me back. She called back sometime later and told me the product manager said it was not going to be posted today, there was a delay until April 19th. If this proves to be untrue you can rest assured that I will be calling back. But like others here I sincerely hope it is released and I would be happy with a continuing stream of additions in the months to come. I know I am not the only one with an LA-Ea2 sitting in the camera bag along with lenses that could be "so much more" so maybe the pressure of my neighbours to the south could sway the outcome.
    Brian Murphy
    Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
    Sony PMW 300K1-Sony FS-100-Sony NEX 7
    Sony-18/200-Tokina 11/16-Sigma 70/200 (2.8) Nikon 55(1.2)
    Rokinon CIne 85mm-35mm-24mm Canon mount on a Viselex ND Throttle
    Canon FD & Yashica Contax collection
    http://www.travelandescape.ca/watch/barbados-style/

6. Collapse Details
    Okay, I've been in contact with the Project Manager, and I would take his word as fact. Here is what I know:

1) Release has been pushed back to at or around the timeframe of April 19th. Notice the 'at or around' so it's not an exact specific date.

2) Website will be changed to reflect the new deployment and details about this firmware update. He did not give a timeframe for this or talk about any additional or removed features so I don't have any further information on this. Given the project manager isn't the person doing the updates to the firmware, I can only imagine the final details need to come from implementation. Given we still have a month to go now, the additional details might still not be ready.

And, unrelated to the firmware update:

3) April 2nd there will be a major announcement that will be of interest to FS100 users, but it is not directly related to the FS100. He could not say anything else more about this so I have no clue what this means AT ALL.
    formerly know as grimepoch.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMurphy View Post
    Well,like I said I called Sony Pro Canada, the person told me the product manager was in a meeting and she would ask and call me back. She called back sometime later and told me the product manager said it was not going to be posted today, there was a delay until April 19th. If this proves to be untrue you can rest assured that I will be calling back. But like others here I sincerely hope it is released and I would be happy with a continuing stream of additions in the months to come. I know I am not the only one with an LA-Ea2 sitting in the camera bag along with lenses that could be "so much more" so maybe the pressure of my neighbours to the south could sway the outcome.
    Seems like my request to Sony about thin marker lines and "accurate TTL phase detection auto focus" with programmable "RACKING-FOCUS" make them work hard! .... -->
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...date+wish+list

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...date+wish+list

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Burnett View Post
    ....3) April 2nd there will be a major announcement that will be of interest to FS100 users, but it is not directly related to the FS100. He could not say anything else more about this so I have no clue what this means AT ALL....
    Now, when I see FS-100 on B&H BACK-OREDER till April 15... I can imagine some price increase ...

9. Collapse Details
    It's official. The firmware page has been updated to the new 4/19 date...

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-n...upgrades.shtml
    "There is no forest. There are no trees."

Cinematography Reel on Vimeo

www.fisherfilmworks.com

10. Collapse Details
    I'm guessing April 2nd announcement will be a new e-mount lens.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast