Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    If I wanted a video with the qualities of a Full Frame sensor, the 5D Mark III is simply a no-brainer upgrade. However, the GH2 is equally as good with the hack outside of the Full Frame look and rolling shutter, and you can save quite a bit of money sticking with/going to it. The lenses also get more expensive when you go Full Frame too, so the cost of the Mark III isn't just the $3k camera body.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
    If I wanted a video with the qualities of a Full Frame sensor, the 5D Mark III is simply a no-brainer upgrade. However, the GH2 is equally as good with the hack outside of the Full Frame look and rolling shutter, and you can save quite a bit of money sticking with/going to it. The lenses also get more expensive when you go Full Frame too, so the cost of the Mark III isn't just the $3k camera body.
    Do you feel the GH2 provides a superior image to the 5D III, assuming price wasn't a variable? Because upgrading my full frame set to a 5D III and my full frame set to a GH2 wouldn't be a huge difference in price b/c I'd have to buy a bunch of wide angle lenses for the latter.

I'm worried the 5D III will provide noticeably less resolution than the GH2.

3. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    I think the GH2 still edges out the 5D in terms of overall quality. I shot something (that I unfortunately cannot show) last Saturday using Quantum Orion 4d in 1080p30 at 1600 ISO, run and gun type shooting, and I was very worried how it would turn out.

Got the footage home and was simply blown away by how good it looked. Really clean too for 1600 ISO, though ETC mode got pretty noisy.

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah, most things I've watched with the GH2 impresses the hell out of me. The lens situation would just be a hassle.

5. Collapse Details
    Hey Terry, where's my photo credit?

;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12