Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Take a look at this
    Hey guys, just stumbled across this on Vimeo.
    I don't understand German but I get the feeling he's telling me to buy this camera.
    Enjoy!
    http://vimeo.com/32144394

2. Collapse Details
    You should come check mine out Gary, I just got it.
    Matt Gottshalk - Dp/Editor
    McGee Digital Media

EPIC-X #00740 "Decker"
    Duclos 11-16mm
    RPZ 17-50mm
    Red 50-150mm
    Canon C100 and Ninja Blade recorder
    Nikon D800

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgeedigital View Post
    You should come check mine out Gary, I just got it.
    LOL, why am I not surprised?
    Hell yes I am up for that!
    pm on the way Matt!

4. Collapse Details
    Arrow
    This guy was an early poster with the HPX250 and has some impressive work. Here are some more links for him

Last edited by jpmulligan; 03-17-2012 at 10:45 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    you should be grateful not to understand what he says... I canīt believe that he can earn money with it.
    But anyway: The picture quality of the camera seems nice.
    Iīm just considering either to get a hpx250 or a Canon XF300 as a b-roll Camera for my Af100+external recorder ...
    The picture quality and codec of the hpx250 is superior but ergonomics, lcd screen and the autofocus of the xf300 is much better for my taste...
    has somebody more experience with both cameras?

6. Collapse Details
    Member With Answers
    Quote Originally Posted by soeren_hh View Post
    you should be grateful not to understand what he says... I canīt believe that he can earn money with it.
    Wow. That's rude.

Guess what? I can understand what he's saying. He's catering to a regional audience and uses a local dialect, and the pace of the narration is appropriate to the material -- he's not doing the 9 o'clock news.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by THoff View Post
    Wow. That's rude.

Guess what? I can understand what he's saying. He's catering to a regional audience and uses a local dialect, and the pace of the narration is appropriate to the material -- he's not doing the 9 o'clock news.
    I agree, he does a nice job and I hope he earns money with it.

8. Collapse Details
    I've shot with the XF305, but I bought the HPX250. Both are nice, but I also believe the picture quality is better on the HPX250. I think the LCD screen is similar. The balance on the 250 is way better than the 305. The Canon's are very front heavy due to that lens and difficult for handheld work. I do like the mechanical lens on the 305, but the 250s lens is quite workable once you have some practice with it. For me there were just more pluses for the 250. I've never used P2 before, but I'm a believer now. Also I've never had a problem with CF cards before, but it was always in the back of my mind "what if the card fails in the middle of the shoot. " I've never had that concern since I bought the 250. It just works. Now the autofocus seems to be a concern to a lot of people. I don't use it on shoots. I run a manual camera. I've played with it and it seems okay to me, but I would never rely on auto for a paying job. One of my favorite things on the 250 is the audio limiter. Great for rock bands. Again, I like both cameras, but it was the HPX250 that was the right tool for me.

9. Collapse Details
    @Thoff: That was not my intention. But it is just my own opinion.
    @digitalgecko: I shot mostly sports and documentary productions and I need a second camera for the action sport scenes, where its almost impossible to focus manual ... for example shoot wakeboarding in a tube behind a wakeboard boat while the rider is jumping over your head and the camera is in a waterproof bag. without autofocus not possible.
    I need a camera that complements the af100 that I use for also scenenic stuff, interview etc... .
    In my consideration is a canon xf300, sony ex3+recorder, hpx171, hpx250. The next production will be a bluray and i need a lot of grading, so a good codec. And perfect would be if the camcorder is switchable for 50hz and 60hz ....
    thanx for more thoughts and comments
    cheers

10. Collapse Details
    Member With Answers
    Someone shot a promo video featuring acrobatic R/C helicopters with the HPX250 and the autofocus had no trouble keeping up, even when the helicopter was a small spec against the sky and moments later zoomed past the camera. I don't think the autofocus is as bad as you fear.

I'm posting from a mobile device otherwise I'd look for a link. It was posted here in the Screen Grabs / samples section.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast