Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mico View Post
    Wow. The complaints are amazing. If this is what the 5dIII is getting slammed for than the gripers have other problems besides resolution. Change this sites name to 'I want Epic camera quality and i want it for the price of a GH2 user.'
    LMFAO!!! I totally agree. If you are using the 5D for professional usage, then a $3500 price tag is not out of the question for the fixes we are hearing, yes I would prefer to pay the current 5D price. I have said it before, if Canon had offered a firmware update for the aliasing and moire issues... I would have dropped $500 per camera in the blink of an eye. In my mind aliasing and moire are the biggest draw back in the 5DMKII. On the other hand, if Red would like to sell me fully loaded Epics @ a GH2 price, you can sign me up for a half dozen right now, LOL.

Chris

www.chrismcguinnessdp.com
    Chris McGuinness
    www.pulsecinema.com

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by KahL View Post
    This is a great video and she's a great artist. But beyond this, the exact same production and look could have been done on the MKII. It doesn't really show much difference so far, beyond lack of moire.
    Okay, so with the MKIII you are getting a MKII with peace of mind and some other nice features and perhaps the hope of clean HDMI out as a firmware upgrade in the future.

Chris

www.chrismcguinnessdp.com
    Chris McGuinness
    www.pulsecinema.com

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by KahL View Post
    This is a great video and she's a great artist. But beyond this, the exact same production and look could have been done on the MKII. It doesn't really show much difference so far, beyond lack of moire.
    In a controlled studio with decent lighting.... You could shoot that on pretty much any DSLR.

The Mario anette film looks far more promising in terms of DR though. I don't mind if there are zero improvements in resolution, if I get a stop or two more DR.
    stylecreative.net - Designer/Video/Music bloke

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mico;
    Wow. The complaints are amazing. If this is what the 5dIII is getting slammed for than the gripers have other problems besides resolution. Change this sites name to 'I want Epic camera quality and i want it for the price of a GH2 user.'
    oh man, so true.. and perhaps a small amendment to the proposed name change, like so:

"I want Epic camera quality for videos of my kids and pets and I want it for the price of a GH2-user".

or how about this:

"I can't make a film until the camera of my dreams with the most unrealistic specs is released and even then I doubt it will be good enough for my artistic vision-user".

or:

"The waiting, procrastinating and in a constant state of "pre-production"-user"

‪tongue-in-cheek‬,
    have a great weekend guys

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Birch View Post
    The Mario anette film looks far more promising in terms of DR though. I don't mind if there are zero improvements in resolution, if I get a stop or two more DR.
    Same! I don't care much for resolution, never really have - dynamic-range is the number one thing I look for - I would shoot standard-definition if it gave me more DR!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by colormate View Post
    oh man, so true.. and perhaps a small amendment to the proposed name change, like so:

"I want Epic camera quality for videos of my kids and pets and I want it for the price of a GH2-user".

or how about this:

"I can't make a film until the camera of my dreams with the most unrealistic specs is released and even then I doubt it will be good enough for my artistic vision-user".

or:

"The waiting, procrastinating and in a constant state of "pre-production"-user"

‪tongue-in-cheek‬,
    have a great weekend guys
    Why don't you change your user name to "false sense of superiority", or "don't care whether I like the image I am getting, because no one else has anything better in this price range."

Tongue-in-cheek, of course...
    Have a great weekend. =)
    Last edited by James0b57; 03-09-2012 at 08:16 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    my complaints come from the fact that I KNOW we could have a better camera for a lower price
    the GH2 hack has shown that manufacturers are either dumb or trying to milk us beyond reason
    in then end, when upgrading time comes, I'll buy the best camera in my budget range
    I'm still not sure if that will be the 5D3 or something else, but if lots of users start switching brands, my thought will be that they earned it
    I can live with a 4:2:0 8-bit codec (actually I think that's all the hacked GH2 can deliver), but I still can't believe they managed to get such soft images out of a sensor that has exactly 1920x3 resolution

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanBates View Post
    my complaints come from the fact that I KNOW we could have a better camera for a lower price
    the GH2 hack has shown that manufacturers are either dumb or trying to milk us beyond reason
    in then end, when upgrading time comes, I'll buy the best camera in my budget range
    I'm still not sure if that will be the 5D3 or something else, but if lots of users start switching brands, my thought will be that they earned it
    I can live with a 4:2:0 8-bit codec (actually I think that's all the hacked GH2 can deliver), but I still can't believe they managed to get such soft images out of a sensor that has exactly 1920x3 resolution
    +1
    www.kahl-one.com
    @KahL_One
    CINEMATOGRAPHER | DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY

9. Collapse Details
    LOL, And yet Canon will sell millions of the 5dMK3. Then the likes of Hurlbut will adapt them and the neysayers will run out and pick one up. They will see video/film after video/film were the camera looks great (you can already do that with the 5dmk2 on vimeo) and find themselves with one of them in their bag. Anyone seen Act of Valor yet? Still in the 3rd spot after it's second week of release. I went to see it because I like war movies and I wanted to see Hurlbut's use of the 5d. 15 minutes in, I forgot about the 5d and was engaged in the story. Same with the House episode. 10 minutes in, I was engaged with the story. How about 127 days and most of the cave scenes? Again, engaged with the story. I didn't sit there and go, "only if it was 422 out of the HDMI and resolved 100 more lines". Why do your 5dMK2 scenes look bad? Sure, aliasing and moire contributes. But maybe it's just your scene has no substance other than the picture. Well, the 5dmk3's aliasing/moire problems seem to be quite fixed. What will be your excuses now? If Hurlbut can release a number 1 box office film with the camera of yesterday, why the doubt? Aliasing and moire didn't stop him. Because he had substance to back it up...Oh, by the way. NOBODY yelled out in the theatre "Look at that ugly moire".
    If you have a production in mind ready to go, why are you holding back? Are you sitting around waiting for the perfect camera? If it's "good" the camera won't matter.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanBates View Post
    No, it doesn't. It shows that they won't launch a camera with ridiculous data rates that only work on the highest speed SD cards. The GH2 is a consumer camera, built to work with nearly every SD card available. Also, i'm pretty sure that the codec has specific standards for data rates?

An AF-200 might be expected to utilize a higher data rate codec though.
    stylecreative.net - Designer/Video/Music bloke

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast