1. Collapse Details
    Kino Flo Celeb 200
    Hi All,

I have borrowed the as of yet unreleased Kino Flo Celeb 200 LED light from my dealer until Friday...so if anyone wants to know anything about it let me know? First impression, very nicely built and great controls. It changes color in 15 degree increments I think from 5500 to 2700 without changing output level. I'll compare it with my kino deva 400's for light output. So overall it is a very nice light, but I have to say that Kino thinks so too, they're saying MSRP $3500, street price around $3000 each. Honestly, I think that's just crazy. I might consider 2 of them for $3000, but no way in hell would I ever buy this single light for that much.

It runs warm, not hot, left it on for a while. The light out if it very nice since the LEDs are behind a full size diffuser screen that is built in (not removable that I could tell). It has two slots on the front, one for a large gel, and one for a 90 honey comb. The comb reduces the light output A LOT! But if you need directionality its useful, its black so absorbs light vs redirecting it.

There's already a pretty good video out there showing its overall functionality, so let the questions roll in!

2. Collapse Details
    $3000 ouch! Kino Flo builds quality gear and is proud of it.
    Last edited by Paul Hudson; 03-07-2012 at 04:29 AM.
    Paul
    Lizardlandvideo.com
    Latexfilmservice.com
    Camera and Grip Electric Rentals in Dallas and Shreveport
    Phoenix Video Productions

3. Collapse Details
    Yes!!! That pricing is just gouging. I mean even the zylight is3 that can do almost any color is $500+ less than the celeb 200.

4. Collapse Details
    Pretty rad little video review of this light here: http://www.thec47.com/gearbox/kino-f...celeb-200.html

Neat features but way too pricey for my little budget.

5. Collapse Details
    Yes it is pure insanity at that price point. A deva 400 is $900 each, more light and long lasting bulbs. To make the celeb a kit you'd want 2, so seriously $6000.00 for 2 lights?!!! Man, I could buy a zaxcom nomad 8-channel mixer, a new video camera, or a combo 4-channel nomad and schoeps 641 or cmit. Could buy 12 cool lights led panels. Could buy 4-5 dedo felloni LEDs. With that pricing they're up there with hmi lights but don't put out nearly as much. Yeah they've relegated this product to rental houses and corporate entities that probably have some specialized use in mind.

6. Collapse Details
    Note: Jem in his www.c47.com lighting review said the price of a CelebŪ 200 would be around $2,000.00. The street price is running more like $2,500. List pricing follows:
    List Pricing on the CelebŪ 200, including gel frame and 90 degree honeycomb louver: $3,095.00.
    List Pricing on the CelebŪ 200 Kit, including gel frame, 90 honeycomb degree louver, flight case: $3,545.00

Lamps: no charge.

Thank you.

-Scott

7. Collapse Details

Filmtools did a spot on it with Tom Jacob. They have pricing at a few bucks over $3K.

8. Collapse Details
    Yeah my dealer is a hair under $3000 and abelcine is supposed to be under $2800. Still way too much unless you need it's specific features. I'd buy two for $2800.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by wbrock001 View Post
    Hi All,

I have borrowed the as of yet unreleased Kino Flo Celeb 200 LED light from my dealer until Friday...so if anyone wants to know anything about it let me know? First impression, very nicely built and great controls. It changes color in 15 degree increments I think from 5500 to 2700 without changing output level. I'll compare it with my kino deva 400's for light output. So overall it is a very nice light, but I have to say that Kino thinks so too, they're saying MSRP $3500, street price around $3000 each. Honestly, I think that's just crazy. I might consider 2 of them for $3000, but no way in hell would I ever buy this single light for that much.

It runs warm, not hot, left it on for a while. The light out if it very nice since the LEDs are behind a full size diffuser screen that is built in (not removable that I could tell). It has two slots on the front, one for a large gel, and one for a 90 honey comb. The comb reduces the light output A LOT! But if you need directionality its useful, its black so absorbs light vs redirecting it.

There's already a pretty good video out there showing its overall functionality, so let the questions roll in!
    Have you tried it side by side with a Diva 200 or a 2x4' ?

How are flesh tones? In daylight mode? In tungsten mode? In in-between mode?

Art Adams did a flesh tone comparison shootout for LEDs:
    http://provideocoalition.com/index.p...n_shootout/P1/

Most of them looked not as good as a Kino 2x4 or a tungsten inkie...

I'd love to know how this thing does!

Thanks!

Bruce Allen
    www.boacinema.com

10. Collapse Details
    I have another shoot coming up that I was originally going to use it for, but got cancelled so I'll see if I can borrow it again. The dealer was having trouble loaning it out to other pros because when told the price, it wasn't even an option so why borrow it!!!

From my initial play it's a fantastic soft light. The honeycomb majorly drops it's output even directly in front...so would probably have to have it very close to subject if using it.

If they halved the price, I think it would sell really well for them. Ha ha