Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Wait times for C300?
    Ordered my C300 on January 30th from AbelCine, but can't get any update from them about how long the wait might be to get my camera (my salesperson won't return my calls for some reason). Pretty dissappointed in them so far for this since it's my first purchase with them, but whatever. I actually just ran into an Abel employee this afternoon and asked him about it, and he said not to expect it before the end of April. Really? 3 month wait for January orders? Is anyone hearing something different from other dealers? Is this an accurate estimate?

2. Collapse Details
    Did you order PL or Eos? You could probably get a 5dmk3 faster than your C300. Patience young Jedi...

3. Collapse Details
    Ha ha - yeah, good point! I ordered the EF version. I know, I know... Patience. And honestly, if I have to wait until April, that's fine - I'll deal. I just wish they would tell me instead of ignoring calls. Just wondering if others are getting or have gotten similar estimates, or if this guy I randomly ran into was way off base.

4. Collapse Details
    I ordered mine from B&H back in January on the day they started taking pre-orders on their website after Canon made the announcement for US distributors and pricing.
    They have been sending me an email every week apologizing that they don't have my order in stock. I got my last automated "apology" on Thursday morning, and then one hour later I got
    an email telling me my order had shipped and it should be here on Tuesday.

5. Collapse Details
    A Canon rep at the Atlanta Cutters get together a week or so ago said they could get one in a week or two. I don't recall them mentioning lens mounts. BTW, is the lens mount swappable like on the Scarlet?

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    April seems far too long a time to wait for the camera, something's wrong there. Unless there's a misunderstanding in your order, because the PL mount does only come later in March or April.

7. Collapse Details
    Cow Abelcine are pretty stand up guys - well I'm only going based on Mitch and Andy that frequent here. Drop one of them a message and I'm sure you'll get some clearer information.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

ECHOES DOCUMENTARY - PURCHASE ON VIMEO ON DEMAND - ALL FUNDS GO TO THE CITY OF RIKUZENTAKAKA TO HELP CONTINUE THE REBUILD. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/echoesdocumentary

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by J Michael View Post
    is the lens mount swappable like on the Scarlet?
    no
    J.Davis
    jdMAX.com

9. Collapse Details
    Cow, I got told (reliable source) that in Europe some countries didnīt order enough up front. The distributors didnīt "believe" in the cam and now orders are higher than expected. Hence the delay over here. The guy said the UK is getting good volumes and so does the US.

I doubt you have to wait until late April. But my source admitted no one knows what volumes are going out right now. They only believe in a shipping when they see it in the front-door. I am waiting too BTW.....

10. Collapse Details
    Cow
    Abel is an excellent vendor. They can be a bit conservative on their ship dates. They told me not to expect anything until march or April ( back in February) A week later I received my C300. Your sales guy should return your calls, though. bad form
    hang in
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast