* Your script must be in the genre of Fantasy or Sci-Fi or Horror or a combination of them all, but they must be family friendly.
* Two characters. Two people and that's it. Other people can be alluded to or heard, like voices in the distance or a plane overhead, but no people that can be clearly seen.
* Your script must be written between March 1 and April 6th.
* When you are ready post a thread for your script with a logline or tagline and a poster if possible. This thread will be used for your feedback.
* Screenplay must be in screenplay industry standard...look it up or just read previous winners.
* Voting is done by Entrants and DVX users with over 50 posts...NO anonymous spam voting.
* Creatures or non-human things will not be counted as a character/person.
Submission instructions will be posted closer to the deadline.
Thread: ScriptFest XI: FamilyFest
Results 1 to 10 of 40
03-01-2012 05:30 PM
Last edited by Chris_Keaton; 04-01-2012 at 10:56 AM.
03-02-2012 10:58 AM
Very cool, poster! And boy are you fast with the next theme.
Family Friendly = Rusty wears a straight jacket!
Is the deadline May 5th?
03-02-2012 08:18 PM
Interesting theme. I'll think up something. Although I am curious how horrors can be family friendly.
03-02-2012 08:55 PM
03-03-2012 09:48 AM
Horror is traditionally not a family friendly genre, is it?
Monster Squad, Casper, Scooby Doo, Addams Family, are they Horror or just exploit horror symbology in a family setting?
IT's a good decision to let the voters decide on what is Family friendly.
Chris, let me confirm is voting again confined to participants and DVXuser members with 50+ forum posts?
Also, could it be possible to let participants know that besides being pdf files they should also follow screenplay formatting and font? Don't want those writers to be DQ'd or called out for using non-screenplay formatting and font.
03-06-2012 02:23 AM
Hey, Chris. I just tried to upload my poster but I'm not sure how. Do I have to wait until I submit my script or can I do it now?
03-06-2012 04:42 AM
03-06-2012 04:21 PM
fantasy and/or sci-fi and/or horror
I've had some family friendly sci-fi ideas, some with thriller elements but it would be a stretch to call any of them horror...