Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Rather than selling my old HPX170 I opted for adding an M3 adapter to it. It may not match the better cameras of today, but it certainly took my HPX to a different level.

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks Felipe!

3. Collapse Details
    Cool set up EDV. If I jump into shooting another micro-budget feature that was the camera I was looking at (HPX170) also looking at the AF100.
    I bought a Canon T3i. I just shot a music video on it (Posted it in the Canon APS-C Thread) Loved it, but don't think I would tackle another indie feature with it.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneC View Post
    Our indie micro budget feature Deadly Presence (Unhallowed Bond) shot on the HMC40, will be out on VOD end of this year, and on DVD soon after. New trailer is up on Vimeo / Youtube.
    VERY COOL Shane. WTG!!
    Jan vs Jim... I'm putting my $ on the Jersey Girl.

5. Collapse Details
    Great work on Deadly Presence. I really liked the cinematic "movements" of the camera. To me that is more important than shallow DOF. If nobody had told me I wouldn't have guessed it was an HMC40

6. Collapse Details
    Thank you for checking it out!

7. Collapse Details
    Thank you R Hudson. The only camera I had was the HMC40. I didn't know if it could be done, but i went with it anyways. The shots are mixed up between shoulder mount style-hand held, tripod, and dolly moves where I felt helped the story. To help solve some of my lack of DOF - in post I used PHYX Defocus oh so slightly on some scenes that seemed a little 'flat' to kind of 'blur' the edges of the screen, but again, only if I was trying to hone in on the subject matter for that scene. Some behind the scenes on my website in the 'stills' section if you guys want to check it out. http://www.maskedfilms.com/apps/phot...bumid=13810699

8. Collapse Details
    Cool stuff here!

To tell the truth I think it would be interesting to shoot a feature with the HMC-40 and exploit the deep depth of field in just about every shot. That is to say, decorate the sets so that there are things that normally would be blurred out.

9. Collapse Details
    The camera did fine for what it is and what the movie was, so we were happy with it! I have since sold it and have been shooting on the Panasonic GH4 with some vintage Minolta lenses.

10. Collapse Details
    The nifty 40 doesn't get much love at DVXuser so it's nice to see someone using it for a project. It's still a very good cam with a few limitations that we all know. Every now and then, I think I'll sell mine, but then I try to imagine what else I could get that would be better for the same dollars, and there isn't much.

Grant

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast