Thread: Quantum X v2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quantum X v2
    I'm currently running Driftwood's v9b. He appears to have just released Quantum X v2.

Anyone using it yet?

Thoughts on how it compares to previous hacks for 1080p intra frame recording, or 720p hacks like Sage's FOUR?

2. Collapse Details
    The latest Quantum takes advantage of the new panasonic firmware.
    Four does not, not yet. Four's 24p is from driftwoods v9b.

Quantum x v2 is at least as good/the same as 9b.

I've tested all modes. 720p60 remains problematic. It seems to me to be stabl-ish with prime lens, errors with pan. lenses. Everything else/other modes works.
    The new things with the new firmware from panasonic are the hbr modes and better af. They are in latest quatum.
    HBR bitrate (ntsc30p pal 25p) can be manipulated with ptool and has a high bitrate in the quantum patch. The quality of hbr looks good,
    but I haven't pixeled every inch of an image yet.

3. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Pixel Peeping back and forth between V9b and QXv2, will know soon which one I'm sticking with.

I really need the 1080/30, though. Interlaced doesn't look bad but it's gotta be at least somewhere near the 24 stuff and non-interlaced.

4. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi View Post
    I really need the 1080/30, though. Interlaced doesn't look bad but it's gotta be at least somewhere near the 24 stuff and non-interlaced.
    5DtoRGB not turning those 30p files into actual 30p? I managed to get that from stock 1.1, but I can't remember the exact workflow. I also need to know what's going on with 30p eventually.

5. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    I meant from V9b. 1.1 is 30p for sure. All's good.

And right now it looks like V9b and QXv2 are pretty much the same quality. if there's a difference it's not major enough to stop me from staying at QXv2.

More as I get into shooting with it.

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Ah, I see. I think I read that wrong.

7. Collapse Details
    Everytime I shoot well lit stuff with v9b, I'm just in awe. I'm so used to the Canons the past 2 years. To have such clear footage from a hacked GH2...feels like I'm shooting some super high end camera from 5 years ago. Like...$30000 high end.

Bloom's test makes me feel like I'm shooting the F3 or a C300. (minus latitude) Strange feeling, to finally be at a place where I can shoot at basically the high end I've always envied...with a camera that came in well under $1000.

Hard to believe these hacks are improving. It already looks so good, but I welcome opinions from Kholi and others on what if any differences are found.

8. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    While the GH2 isn't a jesus cam, I do feel like I've shot some of my best work ever on it outside of under $5k.

9. Collapse Details
    24p is great! Has any gotten 720p to work with Panasonic lenses? I really want to use this on a shoot this weekend but for music videos 720p is a must. Mine crashes after 2 secs on both SH and S modes

10. Collapse Details
    @dtjohns
    don't risk it. 720 60 remains problematic with panny
    You'll have to test other patches. Or use prime lens with no af. Try quantum 100 on the four patch. I had better results with it for 720 60

Make sure you zoom and pan with af on for any testing. That's a real test of stability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast