Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceOregon View Post
    Great depth of field would mean getting a camcorder with a 1/3" sensor....
    Lance - The G10 and XA10 are great cameras, but I don't think that a small sensor camcorder is what cenzo is looking for. He said "Great" depth of field, but pretty sure he meant "Shallow" depth of field - which is why all of the camera on his list had big (APS-C, m4/3, FF) sensors.

Cheers,

Bill
    Hybrid Camera Revolution
    http://hybridcamerarevolution.blogspot.com
    FZ150/GH1/GH2/TM900

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by brunerww View Post
    Lance - The G10 and XA10 are great cameras, but I don't think that a small sensor camcorder is what cenzo is looking for. He said "Great" depth of field, but pretty sure he meant "Shallow" depth of field - which is why all of the camera on his list had big (APS-C, m4/3, FF) sensors.

Cheers,

Bill
    It is hard to say. To me, to say that one wants "great depth of field" means more, not less.

I'm surprised that you did not mention the Panasonic GH2 to him, since I see that you use that camera. Since he also said that he wanted a cheap solution, the GH2 would most definitely offer him an affordable option. B&H is currently selling it with the 14-140mm lens for only $1,199

I did not realize that his post was so old, when I replied to it. I now see that he has not been back to the forum since 2-16. That means that he has not seen your advice, nor any of the other additional help offered to him by others since then. So we are all talking to ourselves anyway, as he is not bothering to follow up any further.

Hopefully some others visiting this website will be able to make some good use of our advice.
    Last edited by LanceOregon; 03-10-2012 at 06:41 AM.
    Canon Vixia HF G10. PANASONIC AG-AC130 . PANASONIC GH2 AND GH3 . Nikon D600. Adobe Premier Pro CS 6
    Canon Directional Stereo Microphone DM100 . RODE VIDEOMIC PRO . AUDIO-TECHNICA BP4029 STEREO SHOTGUN MICROPHONE

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceOregon View Post
    It is hard to say. To me, to say that one wants "great depth of field" means more, not less.

I'm surprised that you did not mention the Panasonic GH2 to him, since I see that you use that camera. Since he also said that he wanted a cheap solution, the GH2 would most definitely offer him an affordable option. B&H is currently selling it with the 14-140mm lens for only $1,199

I did not realize that his post was so old, when I replied to it. I now see that he has not been back to the forum since 2-16. That means that he has not seen your advice, nor any of the other additional help offered to him by others since then. So we are all talking to ourselves anyway, as he is not bothering to follow up any further.

Hopefully some others visiting this website will be able to make some good use of our advice.
    Good thought on the GH2, Lance. I love the camera and usually recommend it, but he seemed to be primarily a camcorder guy, and he wanted "great low light performance". That's why I suggested the FS100. If he had come back to say that was too expensive, I might have suggested the GH2 with a fast lens.

But it doesn't look like he's coming back :-)

Best,

Bill
    Hybrid Camera Revolution
    http://hybridcamerarevolution.blogspot.com
    FZ150/GH1/GH2/TM900

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12