Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    5D Mark ii shooting at 120fps Poll
    Anyone that's seriously interested in having 120fps for the 5d Mark II must vote "Yes" in a poll at the CHDK forum: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7630.0

Yes, you have to register to vote. Plenty of developers are on this forum.

CHDK stands for CANON HACK DEVELOPMENT KIT. For more information: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK

2. Collapse Details
    Senior Member gonzo_entertainment's Avatar
    Yeah, it would be awesome, but even if you could make the processor handle it the camera would probably burst into flames from the heat in about 20 seconds.

3. Collapse Details
    I don't think it would overheat if the developer managed to make the video shoot at 2.35.1, thereby cropping or only capturing data from a specific portion of the sensor.

4. Collapse Details
    If they opened this to the t2i, 60d, etc they'd get a lot more takers. I'd love it myself.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Carter View Post
    If they opened this to the t2i, 60d, etc they'd get a lot more takers. I'd love it myself.
    It would be easier to do on those cameras. The reason the 5D has never even been hacked for 60fps is that the sensor is so big it's too much data for the CPU to handle.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo_entertainment View Post
    It would be easier to do on those cameras. The reason the 5D has never even been hacked for 60fps is that the sensor is so big it's too much data for the CPU to handle.
    Duh, that's why developers have to work around that and crop the sensor to 2.35.1 which would solve the CPU problem.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Timon Jaehnert View Post
    Duh, that's why developers have to work around that and crop the sensor to 2.35.1 which would solve the CPU problem.
    Not an expert on the guts of these cameras, but MAYBE you could get 60fps with a 2.35:1 crop. I think 120 is a total pipe dream. Not to mention, 60fps is plenty of overcrank for the typical slo mo sequence.

I mean if someone can pull it off, that's great, just don't see it happening.

8. Collapse Details
    Im in like Flynn
    Philip Bloom Certified Cinematographer

9. Collapse Details
    5D overheats like a bitch & there's even modified versions of it for astrophotography with big chunky fans. Considering the very heat you'll feel in your palm shooting just for a few min I'll just say, 120fps in HD.... not happening bro. Aspect ratio or not.

10. Collapse Details
    If they could record a CinemaScope-windowed area of a DSLR sensor I would be more amazed by that than if they could get 120 fps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast