1. Collapse Details
    Opinions on HTDZ HT-81?
    Hello,

I'm looking at getting a dr100 or possibly the MarkII. I've read hear and there, that the HTDZ HT-81 shotgun has a hot enough output to compensate for the less than stellar pre-amps of the dr100. Now, I know this is a super cheap mic. That being said, does anyone have any experience with this mic? It's so cheap, it seems it may be worth giving a try. Also, I've read that shotguns should be avoided indoors. Is the shorter version of this mic more suitable for indoors?

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Garbage. If you think it's worth $25 to find out for yourself, go for it. Any "shotgun" mic with a "tele" mode switch is questionable. That's nothing more than a signal amplification that will also bring up everything else in front of the mic. It doesn't make the mic "hear" anything more than usual, and it doesn't make it any more directional than normal.

As for shotguns indoors, it has nothing to do with the length of the shotgun. What makes them generally poor performers indoors is the interference tube, which is what makes a shotgun a shotgun. There are some that can perform indoors much better than others, in the right hands, but this is not one of them.

But hey... you get what you pay for.
    Formerly known as C2V
    ------------------------------------------------
    Nobody notices audio... until it's not there.