1. Collapse Details
    Questions on accessories for HPX250
    Hi,

I am upgrading from my HPX172 to the HPX250.

I have two questions -

a) Is anybody aware of any good hood that fits the HPX250 LCD? I noticed when I tried the camera in the sun, the details are gone.

b) I currently have a custom made metal base that fits exactly under my HPX172. Is anybody aware of an equivalent for the HPX250? That metal base is meant to prevent the plastic base from cracking in case of a heavy landing when the camera is placed on its tripod.

Thanks,
    TS

2. Collapse Details
    Can't help you with b), but for a), check out Hoodman. They have hoods, and one of them conforms to the dimensions of the HPX250 LCD screen.

3. Collapse Details
    I talked to Curtis from Juice Designs who made the baseplate for my 170. I asked if he would be making one for the 250::
    Hi Kevin,

I plan on it. I have a friend with the camera. I just need to meet up with him the measure it. Hopefully soon.

Curtis
    --==Kevin==--
    Kevin J Railsback
    Silver Phoenix,LLC
    HD Naturally Blog

"The River" wins the 2009 Gold Eddy at the Cedar Rapids Independent Film Festival. Watch it HERE.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ture View Post
    I talked to Curtis from Juice Designs who made the baseplate for my 170. I asked if he would be making one for the 250::
    Hi Kevin,

I plan on it. I have a friend with the camera. I just need to meet up with him the measure it. Hopefully soon.

Curtis
    Yes I still plan on making them. I don't have a timeframe yet unfortunately. I still haven't been able to get my hands on a camera... If anyone is in Southern California not to far from Oceanside I could measure up your camera and give you a really good deal on the first one.
    Curtis Guise, JuiceDesigns.com

5. Collapse Details
    The Hoodman 400 fits.
    Matt Gottshalk - Dp/Editor
    McGee Digital Media