Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    WIsh they have AF on it. SInce I am by myself I do not have an assistant focusing for me.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinghusband View Post
    WIsh they have AF on it. SInce I am by myself I do not have an assistant focusing for me.
    It is a matter of selecting the right tool for the job.

3. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    beautiful article, makes sense of all the small details that prove the point of buying/renting cinelenses.
    now spot the differences..
    370714424_640.jpg

4. Collapse Details
    Cinematography/Lighting Mod Ryan Patrick O'Hara's Avatar

I have never seen an AF system that came close to doing a focus pullers job on narrative production. Might work ok for some videography work, but I don't think it will ever replace a focus puller. Even if it could, someone would have to tell the machine when to rack, how to do it (parameters such as feathering, speed, etc) and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Ava View Post
    beautiful article, makes sense of all the small details that prove the point of buying/renting cinelenses.
    now spot the differences..
    370714424_640.jpg
    Well clearly one first notices the difference in color rendition of the two lenses. But if you would post a larger resolution image and I'd be happy to pixel peep.

I think the challenge here, is that it is rumored the CN-E's are basically rehoused L-series with perhaps a few tweaks and different coatings. Who knows, but if that were the case, your comparison is a difficult one optically to differentiate.

When it comes to CN-E lenses and CP.2's I think you are seeing the photography lens optics rehoused for cine-mechanics. This gives a good entry level cost to cine-primes and considering modern photography lenses have some pretty good optics, the results are often very appealing.

Perhaps the subtle nuances / differences can be recognized in the above example, should a greater resolution example be provided, but I have a feeling we are looking at a very similar lens design in both lenses from a strictly optical viewpoint.
    Last edited by Ryan Patrick O'Hara; 11-04-2013 at 03:57 PM.

If cinematography wasn't infinite, I'm sure I would have found the end by now.

5. Collapse Details
    I wish I can buy 1 or 2 of the cine lens in the future

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Patrick O'Hara View Post
    I have never seen an AF system that came close to doing a focus pullers job on narrative production. Might work ok for some videography work, but I don't think it will ever replace a focus puller. Even if it could, someone would have to tell the machine when to rack, how to do it (parameters such as feathering, speed, etc) and so on.

This gives a good entry level cost to cine-primes and considering modern photography lenses have some pretty good optics, the results are often very appealing.

Good article

Just wondering have you try the 70D and if so how many point will you give the 70D for focus pulling, if a pro focus puller is 100?

The price of the CN-E is very similiar to the Zeiss Master not really entry level.
    For entry level (for the self funded guys) I think one can only try the samyang set which cost less than a C50 1.2L.

7. Collapse Details
    The price of the CN-E is very similiar to the Zeiss Master not really entry level.
    For entry level (for the self funded guys) I think one can only try the samyang set which cost less than a C50 1.2L.
    No, the price for a single Zeiss Master Prime lens, is around the same price as a 5 lens set of Canon CN-E lenses.

8. Collapse Details
    This is a fantastic post. Thank you

9. Collapse Details
    Cinematography/Lighting Mod Ryan Patrick O'Hara's Avatar
    Thought I'd post this funny Chinese salesperson's theft of my article. Although posted five years after the debut here, they thought it wise to launder the article through a language translator and make it completely useless and incomprehensive. I tried reading it and most of the general points are lost in translation. What a world.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-...mp-reader-card

If cinematography wasn't infinite, I'm sure I would have found the end by now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456