Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Naso View Post
    I like the idea of Olofs handle with the Tilta baseplate. I have both from Tilta but find the handles long and hard to hold. I’m used to having my hand higher up by the lens with ENG cams.
    I'm thinking about the same thing for my Tilta. Right now I have a handle in the same position that Olof's handle would be in, but I'm sure its not nearly as comfortable as his...plus it doesn't have the S/S switch like Olof's has.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by iyin View Post
    This is a full tilta rig( they offer a monitor bundle version also), this is a universal design, not specially for af100. I purchase it directly from tilta, because I live in Hong Kong and the Tilta's workshop locate at Shenzhen, China. They also offer a Dslr Bundle, I dont know they will offer international shipping or not

Tilta III package (monitor included)
    http://img04.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/...!!37063337.jpg

Dslr bundle
    http://img02.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/...!!37063337.jpg
    Would it be easier to get the full rig off taobao, or are there places in China to inspect and pick it up physically? I'd be interested to go to their Shenzhen facility, I think I'll be there in late april... I'm having trouble finding reliable looking resellers in the US.
    Also, how is the follow focus working for you?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by little bobby View Post
    I'm thinking about the same thing for my Tilta. Right now I have a handle in the same position that Olof's handle would be in, but I'm sure its not nearly as comfortable as his...plus it doesn't have the S/S switch like Olof's has.
    Hey Bobby, i'd love to see a pic of your rig. I'm very interested in your Tilta solution too.

4. Collapse Details
    Umm... as i know, they only have a reseller in Beijing, not Shenzhen. If you would like to go to their facility, you need to spare a day to do that. It is quite far away from the metro station. I really don't think that a foreigner able to get there....
    if you really want to do that, I may try to ask tilta about that.

About the Follow focus, It is quite good for me,lots of improvement then the last generation model , but I have removed those two screw on the follow focus (which is use as a focus marker). Because I am using ZF.2 lenes, sometimes the marker screw block my way when I am using the follow focus, else, everything works fine.

sorry about my broken english, hope that you able to understand what i mean

5. Collapse Details
    I'm not sure how the focus stops would interfere with your Zeiss. Could you explain a little more?
    "If they move, kill'em!"

6. Collapse Details
    Sorry for my broken english, I try to explain it, hope that you may understand.

The tilta follow focus have two screw as a focus marker, one use as the start point, and other as the end ponit.
    the idea is gd, but when sometimes I try to pull my focus from the foreground to the background, because of the gear ratio, it need to turn more then a round to do the job. But the focus marker only allow you to turn a round only, that's why i removed that two screw.

7. Collapse Details
    anyone find the front rod placement too low?" My tilta front rods are too low for my mattebox and follow focus

8. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar
    You can flip the thing that hold the rods to get a different hight.
    Just two Allen bolts.

Frank
    frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmaster View Post
    You can flip the thing that hold the rods to get a different hight.
    Just two Allen bolts.

Frank
    Thats what I did and all works perfectly. One big deal with the baseplate is how low it sits on your shoulder. Its a good two inches lower than using the Zacuto with s pad. I tried it with an F3 as well and it worked great.
    FOR SALE - Sennheiser Evolution G2 Wireless

My Videos On Vimeo
    http://www.vimeo.com/eriknaso
    Twitter: ErikNaso
    Blog www.eriknaso.com
    Cams: C100, C300, GH4, A7s & anything else I can get my hands on.
    Lenses: More than my wife knows. ssshhh....

10. Collapse Details
    I'm going to go to the Tilta factory in Shenzhen in a few weeks. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for them that I can relay!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast