Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Yes. Edit as well as just play back!

2. Collapse Details
    In a similar thread on this forum, someone said " Also has both HDMI and HD-SDI so can convert between them." Is that really the case? If SDI is input, will there be a signal on the HDMI output for monitoring. I don't have and SDI monitor.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    In a similar thread on this forum, someone said " Also has both HDMI and HD-SDI so can convert between them." Is that really the case? If SDI is input, will there be a signal on the HDMI output for monitoring. I don't have and SDI monitor.
    One thing to keep in mind, yes, the Blackmagic HyperDeck will pass HDMI to HD-SDI and HD-SDI to HDMI but.... you need to make sure that your HDMI monitor can support the resolution.

For example, if I want to monitor with a large off the shelf consumer "LCD TV" via HDMI from my HD-SDI camera, it may not work. When I switch to 24p my large HDMI monitor doesn't understand the signal and goes black (out of range). If I feed a 1080i 60 signal through HDMI, then it works fine. So, yes the HyperDeck works as an HD-SDI to HDMI converter- but....it just passes the native signal though and does no cross conversion. My 5" Marshall LCD monitor does understand the signal in 24p and displays appropriately.
    Cheers,

Guy Cochran
    DVeStore - DVXUser Sponsor - We match or beat anyone's advertised price on Sennheiser, RODE, Manfrotto, Miller, K-TEK, Countryman, Edirol, Lacie, G-Tech, Reflecmedia, Lowel, Litepanels, and Photoflex Coupon Code "dvxuser"

4. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabeapilot View Post
    if only it had cineform :/
    Yeah, that would be great, especially because David form Cineform told me, that BMD has licensed the codec quite a while ago.
    I guess when we all forked out an other $345 for the shuttle2 they come up with the shuttle3 and Cinform next fall.

Oh well.... I guess i cant afford not to buy it.
    frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nsoltz View Post
    Yes. Edit as well as just play back!
    I happen to have the HyperDeck Studio, the rack mount version, here in our showroom with the 2.0 public beta firmware. I have switched the unit over to capture DNxHD and recorded a few sample clips. If anyone would like to test the recorded MXF file workflow on their NLE, feel free to download these clip(s). It would be helpful if you could report back your findings.

http://dve.s3.amazonaws.com/Hyperdeck2.zip
    Cheers,

Guy Cochran
    DVeStore - DVXUser Sponsor - We match or beat anyone's advertised price on Sennheiser, RODE, Manfrotto, Miller, K-TEK, Countryman, Edirol, Lacie, G-Tech, Reflecmedia, Lowel, Litepanels, and Photoflex Coupon Code "dvxuser"

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by powervideo View Post
    Or ProRes. I can't use the native Avid files in CS5.
    Yes you can..

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=423319

And regarding the mounting plate...it's f###### $95!

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil1076 View Post
    Yes you can..

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=423319

Yea but if you think of the whole thing as $450 it's still by far the cheapest recorder.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil1076 View Post
    Most cheese/weight plates similar to this are in $200 to $300 price bracket. Your complaining is misplaced in my view.

Other companies in the video recording business see Blackmagic's pricing on this recorder as predatory. You should consider yourself fortunate, at this point in time, that a recorder solution like this is available at this price point.

9. Collapse Details
    this may be a stupid question. but DNxHD 220 is the 1080/60i mode, right? so if I am shooting 24p (which should be DNxHD 175) will it still capture in DNxHD codecs? I am confused by the 220, it sort of makes it sound like it only records 220 in 1080/60 mode. But I am easily confused!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_Cochran View Post
    I happen to have the HyperDeck Studio, the rack mount version, here in our showroom with the 2.0 public beta firmware. I have switched the unit over to capture DNxHD and recorded a few sample clips. If anyone would like to test the recorded MXF file workflow on their NLE, feel free to download these clip(s). It would be helpful if you could report back your findings.

http://dve.s3.amazonaws.com/Hyperdeck2.zip
    Thanks for providing the files.

Downloaded the Avid codecs and installed them on a Windows 7 64-bit system.

Downloaded the MXF files...
    Vegas Pro 10 failed to import.
    Windows Media Player failed to play.
    Quicktime Player failed to play.
    Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 could import the audio files, but on the video file it said it had an "unsupported compression type."

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast