Any updates?

2. Collapse Details
    All specs are released, www.alphatron.tv

Best regards,

Rene
    Alphatron Broadcast Electronics

3. Collapse Details
    Question to Rene from Alphatron...

Are you going to adding the software scopes (histogram, vectorscope, RGB parade...) that TVLogic have on their monitors? People who have their eye on TVLogic gear are drawn to it for a few things, not the least of which is the software scopes they include in most of their monitors.

-Andrew
    --
    Steadistone Productions

4. Collapse Details
    Hi Rene, and welcome to the forum! Thanks for registering and being available to answer our members' questions.

I definitely am interested in one of these, and I will totally echo Andrew Stone's questions. The presence of software scopes would be a major factor in a purchase decision for me. Please let us know if it will have a waveform, vectorscope (with proper 2x magnification mode for use with DSC charts), RGB parade, false color, all that good stuff...

On the other hand, congratulations and kudos to you for including both SDI and HDMI, including a USB port for (presumably) end-user firmware updating, and for including a DC jack with a wide voltage range so that (presumably) someone with a battery like this can simultaneously power their camera and the viewfinder.

A couple of other questions: does it support 1080/24PsF? Does the HDMI input loop through to SDI output? Does the SDI input loop through to HDMI output? And, of course, when will it be available?

Like I say, I'm pretty much sold if it has the scopes. Thanks for any additional info you can provide.

5. Collapse Details
    Do you really need vectorscope and parade on an EVF?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenilenapi View Post
    Do you really need vectorscope and parade on an EVF?
    Well, not NEED, but if it already exists in the 5.6 and Mitch said all the 5.6 functions would be in there, then I wouldn't turn it down...

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Please let us know if it will have a waveform, vectorscope (with proper 2x magnification mode for use with DSC charts), RGB parade, false color, all that good stuff... Thanks for any additional info you can provide.
    Barry thank you for indicating my omission of the 2 times magnification option on the vectorscope. Without that the single biggest use of scopes would be gone. TVLogic have built incredible mindshare with pro camera operators by including this functionality on their midrange to higher end monitors. Hopefully they will keep up the tradition they have established... even if Alphatron is a licencee, hopefully they will have access to the TVLogic scope functionality in producing their product.

Like many, I've adopted a SmallHD DP4 EVF as my viewfinder. Lots of great things about it. HDI-SDI connectivity isn't there but it isn't a deal breaker as the monitor/EVF is pretty darn good. Clarity, focus assist, peaking and false color make it a joy to work with but if given the opportunity to get an EVF with HD-SDI and scopes (with 2x vectorscope magnification), I wouldn't hestitate to get the TVLogic/Alphatron EVF. For simply HD-SDI connectivity... not so sure.

8. Collapse Details
    One issue I hope they correct over the TV logic 5.6"
    It needs more function buttons to quickly switch between false color, waveform, etc. Even more important on an EVF

9. Collapse Details
    Sorry, very larte reply, I could not log in! We will hopefully have a working EVF next week and will be testing at Abel/ Mitch. The basic difference between the 056wp and the EVF in software is only that the vectorscope and waveform will not be there. There are 4 pre-settings. Yes, the unit can receive updates via the usb and next to that is connector for calibration. Yes it is 1080p and 3G, and you can go HDMI in and HDSDI out, so is also a converter. We are designing together with Genustech a sprofessional bracket to really use it as a viewfinder! You can see this all at NAB. If you want to get your hands on one be quick to order as the first 3 production badges are sold out! Abel will receive significant stock, Filmtools can also deliver?

If there are any more questions please let me know.

Rene

10. Collapse Details
    Has anyone heard any updates on this? Abel told me May, but it's like...almost mid June now. Does this product actually exist?

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast