Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 194
  1. Collapse Details
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #62
    Default
    The Alphatron EVF is due to begin shipping at the end of the month. Alister received a test unit at the same time I did and we've been giving them feedback on any slight tweaks before shipping the production models. The EVF is pretty spectacular, with all the performance one might hope for. We had ours at CineGear and it is currently on display in our NY office showroom, mounted on an FS100.
    Mitch Gross
    Director of Communications
    Convergent-Design


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    594
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    The Alphatron EVF is due to begin shipping at the end of the month. Alister received a test unit at the same time I did and we've been giving them feedback on any slight tweaks before shipping the production models. The EVF is pretty spectacular, with all the performance one might hope for. We had ours at CineGear and it is currently on display in our NY office showroom, mounted on an FS100.
    Mitch, any chance that you might sell something like the EVF mount Alister features in that video?


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #64
    Default
    Alister's rig is pretty homebrew, but we sell several solutions. Depends on what camera to suggest a best solution. One that I came up with just used a couple of basic Zacuto parts and worked great.
    Mitch Gross
    Director of Communications
    Convergent-Design


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    737
    Default
    Mitch do you know if Solid Camera is working on an EVF mount for the F3? The EVF mount they did for the FS100 is the best I have seen yet, so it is no wonder you have chosen to feature the Alphatron on a showroom demo using the FS100/Solid Camera EVF mount.


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    594
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Alister's rig is pretty homebrew, but we sell several solutions. Depends on what camera to suggest a best solution. One that I came up with just used a couple of basic Zacuto parts and worked great.
    Mitch, I'd be interested in seeing what you guys were thinking about for the F3. I've heard that using Noga/Zamerican arms doesn't quite cut it if you want to push your eye up against it like a real eyepiece...


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #67
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by truelife View Post
    Mitch, I'd be interested in seeing what you guys were thinking about for the F3. I've heard that using Noga/Zamerican arms doesn't quite cut it if you want to push your eye up against it like a real eyepiece...
    See post #66. ;-D
    Mitch Gross
    Director of Communications
    Convergent-Design


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    556
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by truelife View Post
    Mitch, I'd be interested in seeing what you guys were thinking about for the F3. I've heard that using Noga/Zamerican arms doesn't quite cut it if you want to push your eye up against it like a real eyepiece...
    I've posted these photos before here a while ago but this is what I came up with using Zacuto parts attached to my Berkey top plate. It removes quickly, infinitely adjustable and is rock solid.
    photo.jpgphoto(1).jpgphoto(2).jpgphoto(3).jpgphoto(4).jpg
    http://www.billthomasphoto.com/
    Sony F5 / F3/ EX-1 / Nikon D800 / BMPCC / Atomos Samurai / Zeiss & Nikon lenses


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    #69
    Senior Member Bern Caughey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,690
    Default
    Just noticed it appears the Alphatron lack 1:1 focus assist, & relies on peaking only.

    Not a deal killer, & I will be buying one.


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    #70
    Senior Member anatusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    LATVIA, city RIGA
    Posts
    966
    Default
    if u are looking for an EVF holder, there is an a great and CHEAP solution!!! edelkrone Monitor & EVF Holder

    http://www.edelkrone.com/e-store/37-...177980071.html

    i own it and its great, simple, small, light - perfect! Holds my Small HD 8.9` no problem!!


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •