1. Collapse Details
    Does it matter what tripod you use?
    Question
    Hey guys,

I am currently using the Miller DS-10, I've only used it with the Panasonic HPX170 , so I've never had any issues with it. I'm now looking to add an SGBlade adaptor and some Nikon lenses, which will also require a rail system and a matte box.
    Do I need a stronger tripod? I guess I could upgrade to a DS20, but frankly I hope I won't have to.
    Last edited by EDV; 01-01-2012 at 09:53 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Weigh it all up. I had the Miller DS10 on their Solo CF sticks which was great .. then I upgraded to the Miller Compass 15 which had great reviews
    and I'm very happy with that.

Right now I'd be looking at the newer Miller Compass 12, same specs less 2 drag positions.

http://www.millertripods.com/product...ls.html?id=269

Cheers.
    35yrs with our own a/v production company and studios.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Raster, as I said I hope I won't have to buy another tripod as I only have enough for the SGBlade Rig, which probabl y will also need a Pelican Carry Case. Altogether it will be close to $1000 so probably my last big purchase for a while...

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by EDV View Post
    Hey guys,

I am currently using the Miller DS-10, I've only used it with the Panasonic HPX170 , so I've never had any issues with it. I'm now looking to add an SGBlade adaptor and some Nikon lenses, which will also require a rail system and a matte box.
    Do I need a stronger tripod? I guess I could upgrade to a DS20, but frankly I hope I won't have to.

its possible that it could work , how well that is up to you to decide by trying it out. you might need to look into a hercules 2.0 head if your rig weight gets 20+ lbs