Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Prometheus trailer

2. Collapse Details
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks, wasn't up yet when I posted.

4. Collapse Details
    Love the color scheme of this, and the detail is so... sharp. Easily the best-crafted trailer I've seen all year, and it looks like the film's going to be pretty damn great as well.

-JMT
    "Trying to make a movie in Hollywood is like trying to grill a steak by having a succession of people coming into the room and breathing on it." - Douglas Adams

5. Collapse Details
    Looks awesome, i specially love that the whole trailer was put together similar to the original Alien trailer.

6. Collapse Details
    It looked Alien, credits looked like Alien, sounds, set design, things on your face looked like Alien.

I love Alien but I don't want to see it re-hashed, hopefully this is not the case.

Loved what Ridley did with Matchstick Men
    Last edited by J Davis; 12-22-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    J.Davis
    jdMAX.com

7. Collapse Details
    wait...is this supposed to be a prequel to Alien?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jkc123 View Post
    If only there was some sort of thread with an existing discussion on this topic...
    http://www.refocusedmedia.com
    Film / Photography
    esse quam videri

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Traven View Post
    Love the color scheme of this, and the detail is so... sharp. Easily the best-crafted trailer I've seen all year, and it looks like the film's going to be pretty damn great as well.
    It certainly looks promising. I'm a die-hard fan of ALIEN(s) and I'll watch it in theatres at the release. I'm confident it'll be a good movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by eiker_ir View Post
    Looks awesome, i specially love that the whole trailer was put together similar to the original Alien trailer.
    As it's something very related to the first ALIEN, it has a certain charm to kind of "look & sound" like the original, without being a direct copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by J Davis View Post
    I love Alien but I don't want to see it re-hashed, hopefully this is not the case.
    If someone can take the risk of playing with that masterpiece in a brand new movie, it's certainly Scott himself. I'm confident. I didn't like his take on Robin Hood, but he can't really go wrong with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkc123 View Post
    Originally supposed to be, but finally turned out as an original film (see next quote).
    Quote Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post
    If only there was some sort of thread with an existing discussion on this topic...
    Check the trivia on IMDB.com:
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus on IMDB.com
    Was originally intended as a prequel to Ridley Scott's Alien, but Scott decided to turn it into an original film with Noomi Rapace (who was already set to star in the prequel) still in the cast as one of five main characters. Some time later however it was confirmed that while the movie will take place in the same universe as Alien, and greatly reference that movie, it will, for the bigger part, be an original movie and not a direct prequel.
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by drapeama View Post
    If someone can take the risk of playing with that masterpiece in a brand new movie, it's certainly Scott himself. I'm confident. I didn't like his take on Robin Hood, but he can't really go wrong with this one.
    See Phantom Menace, Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, Matrix 2&3...Everyone thought those couldn't miss, because of the players involved. Ridley can certainly go wrong. He's made some great films but he is hit and miss.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast