Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I stand corrected.
    Excitement level refreshed.

For your daily Callaghanism...follow Cal on

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    Pretty cool. It reminds me that not enough filmmakers today take the time to build a real mood. They are too scared to hold a shot for any length of time, lest they bore the audience. But some emotions can only be conjured through time and meditation.
    Same is true of dialog.
    LEARN FILMMAKING -- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS OF GREAT PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE

3. Collapse Details
    I'd love to watch the new trailer, but I've only seen the first teaser one and the second one released months ago.

I'm not spoiling anything more at this point. I want to go into Prometheus as fresh as possible and be shocked and awed by Sir Ridley's return to the dark universe of A L I E N.

4. Collapse Details
    Well, it's official, the film has been given the R Rating by the MPAA! I could not be happier

5. Collapse Details
    Currently around 82 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, which is pretty good, but I'm getting a mixed vibe from a lot of the reviewers. General consensus is that's it's visually amazing, but narratively muddled. I watched the original Alien today as preparation. That film is visually perfect, and narratively very simple. It has about as basic a monster movie structure as you can get, but its execution is highly effective. From the sounds of it Prometheus bit off more than it can chew. Still looking forward to it though.
    "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." - W.C. Fields

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    General consensus is that's it's visually amazing, but narratively muddled
    ...I suspect that the narrative is not muddled at all, but rather it is extremely dense, so you have to be paying attention to every detail on the screen in order to figure out every aspect of the story Ridley is presenting.

I remember the same reaction when Blade Runner first hit the screens, where many critics had no clue about what they were watching and thus hated the narrative of the Blade Runner because they weren't paying attention.
    Cameras : Panasonic GH4 with factory audio fix, GH3 with Grip
    OIS Zoom : Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8, Lumix 35-100mm f/2.8
    Nikon Primes : 24mm f/2.0, 35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.4, 55mm f/2.8 Micro, 85mm f/2.0, 105mm f/2.8 Micro, 135mm f/2.8, 200mm f/4.0
    SpeedBoosters : Metabones Nikon G, Mitakon Zhongyi Nikon F

7. Collapse Details
    From the trailer it doesn't 'feel' like and Alien(s) movie. This is the movie I'm most waiting for so a little worried. Happy to be proven wrong.

8. Collapse Details
    It is not an Alien movie. Considering it is a pretty bad movie, this is a good thing. Although Alien fans might be seriously annoyed by the insulting way the Xenomorph is born.
    It actually starts promising before turning into a mess with useless characters (too many of them, and even some of the main chars are pointless), random disjointed scenes and overall lack of motivation in behavior and dialogue.

Sorry to disappoint TheDingo, but the narrative is not just muddled - it is sloppy, as in film-student-sloppy. Unfortinately there is nothing dense or clever about it. It is completely straightforward but heavily brought down by the forementioned negatives.

9. Collapse Details
    Great cinematography, entertaining film, but a bit of a mess in terms of plot progression, plot holes, and a bit too pretentious. It tries to climb too high, it starts wonderfully, but it also unfortunately falls. But still entertaining and worth the price of admission. Great performances from Fassbender, Charlize Theron and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (However, still think she underperformed here. It was demanded of her something more, lets say, "Riddleyish Feminine power"- she didn't deliver fully in this regard.) 3D was nice for a change, and the Red Epic performed very well. There's a small ripoff of a Street Fighter 4 character here, if you know your videogames.
    Sérgio Perez
    Macanese Director
    http://vimeo.com/user1503556

10. Collapse Details
    I enjoyed it, although I will agree on some of the criticisms. It was ABSOLUTELY beautiful, and I have to say, if that is what the Red Epic shoots, that is just awesome. I think there were a few clever bits to it, but, there was definitely a lot of not clever bits as well. All in all, can't wait to get it on Blu-ray!
    formerly know as grimepoch.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast