1. Collapse Details
    Anyone else finding Vimeo playback terrible lately?
    I'm pretty sure it's not just me, because it happens at home and work. Videos are just not buffering very fast. I can't play anything live anymore, and have to wait to buffer. Worse yet, it seems like if I pause to wait for it to buffer, it actually slows down the download of more video data and buffers more slowly. Just curious if anyone else is noticing this.

2. Collapse Details
    Actually was just thinking the same thing. Came on here looking for possible alternatives to Vimeo for certain projects / clients (and not Youtube). Seems to be an ongoing issue with no end in sight. Kinda makes me wonder what the hell I'm paying for?

http://vimeo.com/forums/topic:16738

3. Collapse Details
    Well Vimeo's never been faster then YouTube. They obviously don't have as much bandwidth and as many mirrors and servers as Google. Possibly an increase in users?

I always say: take the good with the bad. Even if it's slower, they have better content and a better community. They'll probably need to upgrade soon enough.

4. Collapse Details
    They just announced upgrades to help with speed. I still get choked almost every time. I don't mind using it to watch vids occasionally, but I really don't like it overall.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -mel brooks