1. Collapse Details
    A Day At SCLS (Southern California Live Steamers) Timelapse

I'm not 100% happy with the video; the ND filters shift the color so much, I can't fix it in post. My solution was to drop the color levels and make it look mostly black & white with a hint of color. (Maybe I should have dropped the hint of color.)

Bob Diaz

2. Collapse Details
    I agree -- I think it would look better in real B&W. Do you mean the internal NDs distorted the color that much, or were you using a filter over the lens as well?

Sorry to see no real steam locomotives there, given the name of the organization! Do they actually run some? What's the gauge of that track -- looks to be about a foot or so, which would make the trains around 1/5 scale -- is that right?

- Greg

3. Collapse Details
    In order to get a 1/2 a second exposure, I stacked ND Filters on the lens to get a total ND of 2.1 (7 stops). The lower cost ND filters do cause a major shift in color that is impossible to correct.

We do run steam, BUT on our last run day we were short handed and didn't have steam running. The track is 7.5" gauge and the smaller trains are 1.5" to the foot (1/8 size). I'm not too sure about the larger train, it could be 2.5" to the foot (1/ 4.8 size).

Bob Diaz