Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy Kiselev View Post
    @mpgxsvcd

I think you know proper place to ask such questions :-)

I just answered some here for guys who don't know :-)
    Sorry, I just saw the offer to answer questions so I thought I would ask. I will go to the correct place next time.

2. Collapse Details
    Question 1: Since I want to shoot with the hack for select "narrative" jobs but shoot stock for events where I shoots tons of footage, something like 12 hours a day last time I did one... What's the best way to have that flexiblility with the camera? Is it best to have two firmwares on two separate cards and then just update as necessary?

For an ordinary Panasonic SD card, or a Transcend Series 10, what patch/hack would be the upmost threshold it could handle? What would be the downsides to using a cheap card? Should I not even consider using old cards for hack and just use for event long shooting situations?

thanks

j

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by maranfilms View Post
    Is it true that if you hack your gh2 it will get you laid?
    Definitely. But first you will need to put a long lens on it, such as the 100-300 zoom, in the presence of your potential partner.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tyampel View Post
    Definitely. But first you will need to put a long lens on it, such as the 100-300 zoom, in the presence of your potential partner.
    *** You forgot to mention that this only works with bull-moose ***

5. Collapse Details
    Is it likely a future hack can enable 1080 50p / 60p, or is this a GH2 hardware limitation? Thanks.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    Question 1: Since I want to shoot with the hack for select "narrative" jobs but shoot stock for events where I shoots tons of footage, something like 12 hours a day last time I did one... What's the best way to have that flexiblility with the camera? Is it best to have two firmwares on two separate cards and then just update as necessary?

For an ordinary Panasonic SD card, or a Transcend Series 10, what patch/hack would be the upmost threshold it could handle? What would be the downsides to using a cheap card? Should I not even consider using old cards for hack and just use for event long shooting situations?
    1. This is at the discretion of the person behind the camera. I can only say, try it out. Give it a test run. It can't hurt to have two firmwares on deck for any reason. I would advise you never rely on another forum member to make these kinds of calls, and you do some vigorous testing yourself if it's for events that may have some kind of monetary or sentimental value.
    2. There are a lot of different hacks. Again, this is just up to person using the hack. Driftwood does have a patch out there that allows you to shoot at optimal settings for budget minded shooters using Transcend and other cards besides the Sandisk Extreme. The downside is like anything else that is cheap; it may not work as good as the more expensive cards. I personally will say, sure get a good brand and stick with it. I have two 16GB Sandisk Extreme III's and they work great. No hicccups on any of the death charts except when using a panasonic lens.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by PJF View Post
    Is it likely a future hack can enable 1080 50p / 60p, or is this a GH2 hardware limitation? Thanks.

Probably not, but I wouldn't permanently rule it out. From what I've read, AVCHD 1 can't produce 1080 60p. And it's quite possible the hardware does have limitations. But, who knows. Many people said it wasn't possible to fly either.

8. Collapse Details
    Do any of the hacks affect the HDMI out on the GH2? I've gotten the impression that using the highest bitrate hacks and the fastest cards makes the HDMI output not really worth the effort. But I could be misreading that.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JMZ View Post
    Do any of the hacks affect the HDMI out on the GH2? I've gotten the impression that using the highest bitrate hacks and the fastest cards makes the HDMI output not really worth the effort. But I could be misreading that.

If you're referring to HDMI out when reviewing footage, then no, it's not affected. It's the same per usual. The bitrate hacks and and fast cards have made HDMI capture pretty moot since it has been seen by some as equal to, if not better than raw HDMI capture.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Car3o View Post
    Probably not, but I wouldn't permanently rule it out. From what I've read, AVCHD 1 can't produce 1080 60p. And it's quite possible the hardware does have limitations. But, who knows. Many people said it wasn't possible to fly either.
    I purchased my Panasonic TM700 3MOS camcorder with 1080p60 @28mb/sec (AVCHD) in April 2010 long before AVCHD 2.0 came out.
    GH5, Sony FDR-X3000, RX10 III, a6300 , NX1 , GH4 , Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 8-18mm f/2.8-4 , Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH Power OIS , Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/0.95 ,Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 75 mm f/1.8 ED , 100-300mm F/4.0-5.6 OIS , Sony A7r , FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS , Sony Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA ,Sony Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA , 28-70mm FE OSS, 15mm F2.8 , 24mm F1.4, 50mm F1.4, 85mm F1.4

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast