See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Looks like the hack is working on your cam. you're good to go.

The patch's stated bitrate is just a theoretical maximum. Youre not going to hit maximum bitrate with most shots. Again it depends on the complexity of detail of the scene, camera movements, and other factors.

Good shooting and best of luck.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by VMT View Post
    Looks like the hack is working on your cam. you're good to go.

The patch's stated bitrate is just a theoretical maximum. Youre not going to hit maximum bitrate with most shots. Again it depends on the complexity of detail of the scene, camera movements, and other factors.

Good shooting and best of luck.
    Hmmm, so how come the footage looks the same (at least to my eyes) ? Can you recommend a hack that looks extremely different from the others? I could install that one, and if it still looks the same, then I would know something is wrong and it's not just my eyes.

3. Collapse Details
    The stock GH2 has pretty good image quality out of the box, so the improvements of the GH2vk aren't about looking "extremely different" or anything that's going to immediately pop out. It's still a 8-bit, 4:2:0 camera.

the biggest argument for the hack is improving the codec beyond the AVCHD standard that comes with the stock camera. With the high bitrate "i-frame" patches, you get a more robust codec. You'll need to do a bit of pixel peeping, but some improvements are in perceived resolution, especially in shadow details, less moire, less banding, and better color grading and green screen. Subjectively some people like the more film-like grain and the look of fast action.

In all, the ability of the hack has given the GH2 far more value beyond its mere purchase price, arguably even surpassing the best of the DSLRs in image quality.

4. Collapse Details
    Noob Question:

I'm trying to download the Driftwood Quantum V100v3 patch, but all of the zip icon images (In the hack link) do nothing on my Mac. What steps do I need to take to acquire this patch?

I tried to find a solution before posting this inquiry, but had no success.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Future View Post
    Noob Question:

I'm trying to download the Driftwood Quantum V100v3 patch, but all of the zip icon images (In the hack link) do nothing on my Mac. What steps do I need to take to acquire this patch?

I tried to find a solution before posting this inquiry, but had no success.
    Are you logged in on the site? That may be the reason.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2393063/
    Actor
    Musician
    Filmmaker

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
    Are you logged in on the site? That may be the reason.
    Thank you, sir.

7. Collapse Details
    Okay I have a question about cards. I know most people are going towards the 64GB 95 MB/s cards, which I plan on grabbing in the near future. I'm not totally clear on the 45 MB/s cards. I know the older Extreme Pros aren't recommended and some people said the new Extreme cards work okay, but what about the "Extreme HD Video" cards? I'm going to be ordering a few things from BH and it seems like they only have the 45 MB/s "Extreme HD Video" cards or the 95MB/s cards.

8. Collapse Details
    Hello, I shoot motorcycles, I do allot of fast panning. I use 720p 60fps only and I was wondering if there are any examples of improvements I would get with motion using a hack. A before after type stuff. So far the examples I've seen are just after hacks and it's hard to judge.

Thanks

9. Collapse Details
    Is this the most current way to hack the GH2?
    I'm finally looking to hack my GH2. Is this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5FrB0c8DyQ) the most current way to hack the GH2? If not, is there another video someone has? Thanks.

10. Collapse Details
    That's how its done!

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast