Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Does the Hack void my warranty?

Is GOP = 1 easier to edit than the stock GOP?

Are there any GOP = 1 settings that are stable and don’t clip the I and P frames to the same value for 720p @ 60 FPS so that we can do frame accurate editing for slow motion.

If Panasonic could add new frame rates like 25p and 30p what prevents us/VK from adding new frame rates into the firmware?

I know VK is working hard at getting the new firmware hacked. Do we have a timeline or estimate of when that will be complete?

What is the process for hacking the new firmware? Does it have to be decrypted? Is it significantly different than the old firmware(ie: new settings)?

Is it possible to add the focus tracking for video back in?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JackBayer View Post
    I have one, or two:

1. Do I remember right, that even mjpeg is 4:2:0 on the GH2?
    2. As with GH1 there´s no chance of ever getting a 24p or 25p mjpeg going? Not even on 720p?

Thanks!
    1. Yes, for now. See V's response on the glitches.
    2. It just skips frames. But there is a possibility to eventually get true 24p. Never say never.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    does high ISO require high bit rate? Can you get useable results from stock rate, or reasonably low hack rates for stuff like wedding receptions.

As V said, the higher the bitrate, the better the noise renders. It's not required, but it helps. Getting useable results is up to the operator. Not many people have complained about the stock rate. This can't be answered objectively.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by J Davis View Post
    Do hacks alter skin tones differently and if so which patch has the best skin tones for 720p 60
    No evidence has pointed to better skin tones. The higher bitrate will probably allow better grading in post. Which patch has the best skin tones is opinionated. So I can't answer that. But I believe they are equal across the board in terms of color rendition.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by maranfilms View Post
    Is it true that if you hack your gh2 it will get you laid?
    I don't always get laid.
    But when I do, it's because of the patch ;)

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianF View Post
    Second this one.

Also, is there Max Latitude patch ala GH13?
    I haven't seen any "max latitude" patches. I don't even really know what that means to be honest. I think that was a name a forum member called their old gh1 patch.
    Last edited by Park Edwards; 12-15-2011 at 11:02 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yoclay View Post
    In terms of working with the hacks up until now, aside from spanning and overcranking, is there any other reason to go with the current top card, Sandisk 64Gb 95Mb/s? Would a Sandisk class 10 (30Mb/s) be largely sufficient for the extremely high bit rate hacks like Seaquake otherwise?
    It doesn't hurt. The pros of a 64GB/95MB/s is it can span, the con is it can't playback when it does span. What you mentioned is the primary reason why people buy the cards. It spans, and can handle a little more for bursts. I myself am going to wait until the cards become cheaper, as with the rate of technology doubles every year and these will be cheaper soon enough.
    Last edited by Park Edwards; 12-15-2011 at 11:02 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by notharrylume View Post
    Can hacked files be played (pre-viewed) directly from the card on a blu ray player the way regular files can?
    I don't see why not. I can't confirm this, but I would imagine so. Unless your blu-ray player has a cap on how much bitrate it can read, it should be able to.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
    Does the Hack void my warranty?

Is GOP = 1 easier to edit than the stock GOP?

Are there any GOP = 1 settings that are stable and don’t clip the I and P frames to the same value for 720p @ 60 FPS so that we can do frame accurate editing for slow motion.

If Panasonic could add new frame rates like 25p and 30p what prevents us/VK from adding new frame rates into the firmware?

I know VK is working hard at getting the new firmware hacked. Do we have a timeline or estimate of when that will be complete?

What is the process for hacking the new firmware? Does it have to be decrypted? Is it significantly different than the old firmware(ie: new settings)?

Is it possible to add the focus tracking for video back in?
    1. It's possible. Anytime you manipulate your camera, it can possibly void your warranty. If you ever have to return it, it's best to flash your camera to stock settings.
    2. I would need someone who's more tech savvy to answer this?
    3. Because they engineered the code. V is dissecting it. I'm sure there's many variables in the equation of hacking.
    4. No.
    5. I don't know.
    6. It's probably best you ask these questions on the personal-view forum as they're not faq questions.

10. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    @mpgxsvcd

I think you know proper place to ask such questions :-)

I just answered some here for guys who don't know :-)

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast