Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by liondor1969 View Post
    I'm interested in something stable that does not require color grading and run well on 1920x1080 25 PAL.I'll study your website, thanks..if anyone has a recommendation for shooting wedding hak, please

Thanks
    Okay, a few quick thoughts.

1) Almost none of the hacks have any impact on whether the footage needs to be graded or not, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect.

2) Running well at 1920x1080 25 PAL is more demanding than you would think because Panasonic added 25P as "hack" of their own, long after they released the camera. As a result, the 25P mode settings cannot be pushed as hard as the 24P ones. But don't worry, there are still some good settings. If I can give only piece of advice it would be (and I'm not yelling this is just emphasis) TO READ THE SETTINGS' AUTHOR'S NOTES AT THE START OF EACH THREAD to get a sense of how well tested it is for HBR (25P) mode.

3) If reliability is your main concern I would start by checking out Sanity 5 (good image quality with a low-bitrate)
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/d...y-4-and-5.1/p1

I have not tested it in HBR, but found it worked well in every other mode.

For a higher bitrate solution, try Flowmotion 2, which is my fallback if I need something more reliable than some of the more aggressive solutions.
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/d...10-sd-cards/p1

There you go - two settings to try instead of a whole bunch.

Many people like Driftwood's inter-frame settings, but personally I think his intra settings are the ones that show his work in the best light (and those don't really play nicely with HBR). So my advice would be to try the two above before you worry about anything else.

Good luck!

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks,is it possible to load all this coletion in ptool,or load only one setting?and loading them all, can I change the camera menu?
    A FLOWMOTION 2.02 B SANYTY 5.1 C GOZILLA 3.0P D Natural 3.o beta E GOLGOP3-13 F CLOSER X 24P G MOON 24P H SANTY X I QUANTUM 100 MB

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by liondor1969 View Post
    Thanks,is it possible to load all this coletion in ptool,or load only one setting?and loading them all, can I change the camera menu?
    A FLOWMOTION 2.02 B SANYTY 5.1 C GOZILLA 3.0P D Natural 3.o beta E GOLGOP3-13 F CLOSER X 24P G MOON 24P H SANTY X I QUANTUM 100 MB
    For most intents and purposes, the settings are mutually exclusive - you load one at a time, it takes a few minutes to switch between them and you should only switch them if your battery indicator is showing full. No one has bricked a camera by properly switching settings but trying to switch without enough battery would be one way to potentially do that, if the camera let you and then ran out of battery in the process.

Some of the above settings have already made efforts to combine aspects of other settings - the work has been done, don't try to re-invent the wheel by combining them yourself as a beginner. I don't say that in a dismissive or condescending way, but in a "if you want to spend your time shooting, then don't get lost doing that" way. I have spent weeks running controlled tests of the various settings in the past, and while there are some image quality differences, they are often extremely subtle compared to the reliability differences.

I would say there basically 4 quality levels for a given mode: stock, frugal settings (e.g Sanity), inter settings (e.g. Flowmotion) and intra settings for 24P (e.g. Moon). If you are using 25P, the differences between the third and fourth quality levels are more subtle still.

So my strong suggestion would be to test no more than 3 or 4 settings in a week when you are starting out but to test the heck out of them. If you are doing weddings, you need to pay special attention to spanning - that may pretty much make or break your work for you. I don't know what SD card you are using, but for hacked settings, the best spanning is with the SanDisk Extreme 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card - and none of the smaller capacities of that model card (16GB, 32GB) are as effective with the most demanding hacked settings, meaning that your files may not span.

So test the heck out of spanning with the same memory card, lenses and settings you'lll use at the wedding before you go on set and read up on spanning. Spanning is when a recording exceeds 4GB in size and has to be split into multiple consecutive files for uninterrupted recording. The GH2 and GH3 stock settings are very good at this but not all other settings are even designed to do it. So if you are going to check something, check that.

Hope that helps!

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for your help, I'll start with a setting FLOWMOTION 2.02 .. I have a week until the first wedding GH2..I have a c100 that if something goes wrong with the GH2 will remain only on c100.I'll do some tests, appreciate the support .. i have sony 32 gb 95MB/s

thanks Per Lichtman

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031