Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    u can use compressor or MPEGStream clip

2. Collapse Details
    I'm confused... if he is ACCEPTING ProRes clips to work with, he should be able to send ProRes back to you...?

I think DVCProHD is suboptimal because it is not full raster (e.g., 1280x1080 for 1080p or 960x720 for 720p). Yes, he should send you the clip in the same pixel dimensions that you sent him... hpw long is the clip? Can he send it bac to you uncompressed?
    "I'd like to say that I've never come across two know nothing pretenders on the weird wide web before, but unfortunately it's all too common and is exactly why, according to the last government survey, only 5% of all internet users ever use forums or chats. And it's exactly why I'm done with this one. You two really need to get jobs and out of your mother's basements. You can't fix stupid. And I don't have time for stupid." -swoopie

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ullanta View Post
    I'm confused... if he is ACCEPTING ProRes clips to work with, he should be able to send ProRes back to you...?
    Unless he's converting it before working with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ullanta View Post
    I think DVCProHD is suboptimal because it is not full raster...
    No, it's not ideal... but it's a heck of a lot better than h.264. If there's a better codec that the effects editor can send, of course that's the way to go.
    Nobody notices audio... until it's not there.

Find Me on Instagram

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for all the help. One last question: My film is locked. I want to send raw, but cut clips from the locked timeline to SFX guy. How do I send just the final cut clip from the timeline, rather than the entire, un-cut clip?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12