1. Collapse Details
    P2 CMS for Pre-Intel Macs
    I've been scouring DVXUSer, Cow, MacUpdate and the entire web in general, not to mention Panasonic, for sources of earlier versions of the the P2 CMS software that will run on a pre-Intel Mac. Everything I've found and all the statements made by past users say that the P2CMS software Panasonic provides does in fact work on preIntel machines.

That may once have been the case by I assure you that it is no longer true. All the links in forums, posts and blogs lead to dead pages. The only current download link it to Panasonics support server and that is P2CMS v 1.4.9 which will not run on a G5. Yes, one can download it, and one can even go so far as install it, but it will not run. Instead one gets an error message that the application will not run in this architecture.

Does anyone have an original ZIP file with older versions of the installer that might run on the preIntel Macs?

If some of those old installers are still around, could they be kept on the DVXuser server as resources?

Peter

2. Collapse Details
    The last dedicated version by Panny that was guaranteed to run on a G5 PPC is version 1.4.4 You can run v1.4.7 even though it says "Intel Only", but not 1.4.8.
    Since I use both Mac Pro 12 core with FCPX and G5 with FCP6.06, I too found that the G5 versions no longer exist. I have 1.4.4 (and somewhere 1.4.7) so send me a PM and I'll see if I can get that to you.

3. Collapse Details
    I am looking for the older version for ppc mac as well. Any chance you could send me a link?

4. Collapse Details
    Digging through some old hard drives, I thankfully found by copy of the PPC version of P2CMS !! I use this on an old powerbook G4 I just got for capture in the field. Send me message and I can send you a link to it if you are still in need. -HB

www.culture-media.net

5. Collapse Details
    Hi HB,

Sorry I wasn't set up up for proper notifications on this thread and didn't happen to see your message until now. Thanks for your offer. However DGW was able to help me some months ago.
    Best,
    PS