Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    USB Device Mode/P2CMS for Lion OSX
    Sorry, I haven't been shooting in a while, so I am a little rusty at the moment.

I just got a new iMac i5 2.7 quad core, and I am shooting with an HVX200a. I can't seem to get P2CMS to work on this new system, and I am assuming this is because it is 32 bit only and won't run on Lion? Am I correct or should it work fine? P2CMS installed ok but it won't let me create a database. It just fails and won't let me get past this point.

Also, is it safe for me to copy files straight over via finder while my camera is in USB device mode? I know that way back in the day it was a tad sketchy on the Mac platform (corrupting files), and wasn't really supported. Is this still the case?

Thanks.

- Jason

2. Collapse Details
    USB Device works fine on Intel hardware. It was on non-intel hardware that you were never supposed to use USB Device, only 1394 Device. But on Intel hardware USB device works great.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks a lot Barry. Do I still need to copy over the dreaded text file?

4. Collapse Details
    I don't think you need it for anything, but you should copy it anyway, I mean... why not?

5. Collapse Details
    Indeed I will. Thanks again.

Still curious about the P2CMS. I am assuming I am doing something wrong. Any ideas?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Boone View Post
    P2CMS I am assuming I am doing something wrong. Any ideas?
    Nope.... P2CMS is a heap of s**te. I've been struggling with it since release.

To get it to work with Lion you need to create a database thats not on the root hard drive. Basically I use an external drive attached to my MBP. As I said P2CMS is a heap of s**te even before you get to all the Japanese english, the 80's interface etc etc

I only use it coz there aren't any other reasonably priced solutions out there.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks indigo. I will try an external! Really appreciate it.

8. Collapse Details
    P2CMS Mac Lion
    Thanks so much Indigo. I didn't know to use an external hard drive.

9. Collapse Details
    you can manually create the database at the root level then it will be recognized by P2CMS.
    Cameras: Panasonic HVX200 Letus35+Nikon F adapter, Redrock Matte-box, Zacuto rails / Panasonic DVX100b / GoProHERO(x3)
    Video Editors: Avid Media Composer
    DAW: ProTools HD

10. Collapse Details
    Do you hae a link on how to do this ? Im having trouble loading p2cms onto my mac laptop w/ lion. Thx in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast