Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    your crew is just as large as mine
    Luis R Cosme

2. Collapse Details
    Very very awesome! I love the lighting you used indoors. The story was great as well. Pretty unique. Cheers!
    v

3. Collapse Details
    Wow! Terrific little film! I thought you couldn't tell a story in 6 minutes? You certainly delivered in this one. Excellent photography (I really liked the minimal lighting) and great effects (not overdone, they fit perfectly with the story.) The acting, and especially your voice-over worked great. If I had one minor criticism - and I do mean minor - it's that your ending might have gone on a bit too long. I loved the reveal that you were talking to yourself, or your clone, or whatever, but I thought after that, the rest didn't really add anything to the plot or the film. Maybe ending with "Santa wouldn't hurt us, would he?" might be a better ending. Just one man's opinion.

Loved the film. Outstanding effort.
    (Is it just me? I think this fest's films are really good.)
    "If they move, kill'em!"

4. Collapse Details
    thanks all it was a fun 3 day production :p

5. Collapse Details
    My SPOILER-y review (read no further without watching the video):

The good: I like the dramatic lighting at the beginning. Works well. Audio seems good too. I like the tracking shot to the heater. I also like the shots in the forest. Good stuff. The music (pop goes the weasel?) was perfect for this.

The not as good: In the opening scene where the main character states, "And now they're in the city," there was a weird cut for that one shot. Dump it, or cut to the other guy. That shot was too jarring. I'm not a fan of all of the different angles for washing clothes. I think a slow dolly or pan would have covered this cleaner. I'm probably alone in this camp, but I think the story would have been just as effective without the narration. It doesn't need it. It would have created more mystery than having it spelled out for me.

All in all, this was one of my favorites. It was very different, and I liked it a lot.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Teflon View Post
    My SPOILER-y review (read no further without watching the video):

The good: I like the dramatic lighting at the beginning. Works well. Audio seems good too. I like the tracking shot to the heater. I also like the shots in the forest. Good stuff. The music (pop goes the weasel?) was perfect for this.

The not as good: In the opening scene where the main character states, "And now they're in the city," there was a weird cut for that one shot. Dump it, or cut to the other guy. That shot was too jarring. I'm not a fan of all of the different angles for washing clothes. I think a slow dolly or pan would have covered this cleaner. I'm probably alone in this camp, but I think the story would have been just as effective without the narration. It doesn't need it. It would have created more mystery than having it spelled out for me.

All in all, this was one of my favorites. It was very different, and I liked it a lot.
    thanks for the review! And yes different is what I thrive to be

7. Collapse Details
    Loved this one Jace. Nice job on the acting as well.

8. Collapse Details
    Jace, nice job man, you made a tight short story here. I found this to be ultimatley pretty creepy (in a good way) by the end, when you confront yourself and contemplate "who is the clone". Kudos for your acting, although hammy in the final act, you really went for it, you went all out, and you succeeded in playing multiple roles. A very confident short film created by a young filmmaker, props.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12