Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Trusmt Follow focus - Thumbs up or down? Owners weigh in, please!
    Please share your experience with the Trusmt follow focus if you've used one or own one.
    I don't want to buy something cheap only to have to replace it 20 jobs down the road.
    It's half the price of the Redrock plus it comes with gears. Anyone care to share their
    experience? I'm planning to use it with the http://www.indisystem.com/indirailspro-xvsm/ at $269.

If you have experience with that as well, chime in, please. I'm planning to use the onboard LCD/EVF so I'm in the market
    for an offset similar to the pictured one.

I'm not in the market for a $999 Matte box either. I'd rather pay less than half for something
    that does the same job, French flags and all.

Appreciate all the advice!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!"
    "Fool, we have HMIs!"

2. Collapse Details
    If you're using Indisystem rails, why not go with the indisystem follow focus. I have one and am pleased with it, though I sent back the magnetic gear system and bought zip-tie lens gears from Wide Open Camera http://wideopencamera.com/cheap-lens-gears/

3. Collapse Details
    Same as RedRock second gen. in quality, but more features. Hard stops are very usefull for still zoom lenses. It has the play from day one. Than again, I tried new Redrock Blue here in Toronto at the local retailer (demo unit, from the shelf) only to get disappointed with amount of play it had... I will use my until it comes at the top of the list to be replaced. Bottom line, I would not buy trustmt again.

FIND ME ON INSTAGRAM: @CoxwellStock

4. Collapse Details
    I'm using a Red Rock Blue, much improved from the V2 I was using before it. The amount of play is completely adjustable with an allen key. Very happy with it.

5. Collapse Details
    DVXuser Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tata Steva View Post
    Than again, I tried new Redrock Blue here in Toronto at the local retailer (demo unit, from the shelf) only to get disappointed with amount of play it had
    Hey Tata,

Which Reseller was it? Sounds like it wasn't set up properly. The Blue has the ability to adjust for backlash so I haven't run into a single unit with play once fine tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenM View Post
    I'm using a Red Rock Blue, much improved from the V2 I was using before it. The amount of play is completely adjustable with an allen key. Very happy with it.

Stephen,

Always glad to hear from professionals using the microFollowFocus Blue, it's really my favorite product we have right now.
    Loren Simons
    Senior Rig Technician
    Redrock Micro

(Account is Inactive as of 7/7/14)

6. Collapse Details
    I don't want to buy something cheap only to have to replace it 20 jobs down the road.
    I am kind of wondering if that where you are heading on all this.

Much of what you want is about asking for high end ...but at a low end price.

I'm not in the market for a $999 Matte box either. I'd rather pay less than half for something
    that does the same job, French flags and all.
    History and experience tells us this is is going to end in tears at bed time.

On a helpful note... do you really, really need all this stuff right now... instead of saving for the better stuff?
    www.shooterfilm.co.nz

Panasonic AF102

SONY-FS700R

RR baseplate , F/F, Shoot35 Cinebox, Panasonic 1700HD Monitors. Adaptimax adapters. Ikan VX7e. Samurai

Prime Lenses: Nikkors . 20/f2.8, 24/f2.8, 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.4, 50/f2, Micro 55/f3.5, Micro 60/f2.8, 85/f1.8, 105/f2.5, 135/f2.8, Contax -Zeiss 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.7, 85/f2.8

VariPrimes: Nikkor 17-35/f2.8, Nikkor 28-70/f2.8,

GH2. Olympus 14-54 MkII

Cartoni , Weaver Heads , Miller legs. Zhuter Slider

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Simons View Post
    Hey Tata,

Which Reseller was it? Sounds like it wasn't set up properly. The Blue has the ability to adjust for backlash so I haven't run into a single unit with play once fine tuned.

Stephen,

Always glad to hear from professionals using the microFollowFocus Blue, it's really my favorite product we have right now.

Vistek.
    Associate behind the counter tried to "fix it" with the Allen key with no success... Again, I was really surprised as it was on my short list (after using first version for several years of location shoots...).

FIND ME ON INSTAGRAM: @CoxwellStock

8. Collapse Details
    i have the trusmt v4 and it will probably be my last follow focus, period!

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddgsx View Post
    i have the trusmt v4 and it will probably be my last follow focus, period!
    Really? How long have you had it and how does it compare to the fofos you've used in the past?
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!"
    "Fool, we have HMIs!"

10. Collapse Details
    i had the indifocus pro before the trusmt. at the time the indifocus pro was the best option for me price/performance. bought the trusmt when i saw what it was capable of for the price. zero backlash. quick release , adjustable hardstops.

never tried any of the high end gear but to me theres no need to now. Im happy with it.

I did keep the indisystem snap gears. thats another great engineered product , and also own indisystem compact which i modified alot to suit my needs.

Indisystem gear is great stuff for the money. and their customer service is awsome. Tim gave me his new revised shoulder pad for free , that was nice of him

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast