Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by starcentral View Post
    I had Brevis v2 with flip on the HVX200 and HPX170 and pretty sure I was over 76/100 zoom, more like 79-82. I did have a Canon FD 24mm and no issues ever.

Take out the UV filter for sure! Every mm counts here as you should be able to zoom into the screen of the brevis quite a lot and it still be sharp as a tac. If it is still not sharp, you will need to calibrate your unit. Go to Cinevates website and visit the video university. There, you can watch videos how to properly setup (lens collimation he called it?) your brevis if you are having focus issues.

As for the Brevis being the best choice on 35mm adapters I think it is as fine a choice as the others. I've been using adapters since 2003 and the PS Technik mini35 was my first, it cost over $10k and I was glad I was able to sell it before the boom of 35mm hits the market. In my later years of using 35mm adapters I liked the Brevis because it was cheap, performed very well in light loss, was well made, and seem to be flexible in terms of use for different cameras and getting different looks.

What I disliked was the time it took me to get everything all lined up and then being scared to take the camera off incase just the camera without adapter was needed for certain shots. The overall weight and length was ridiculous to me but I got use to it and never had to shoot in confined spaces anyway. In the end I did get tired of all the quirks and restrictions (like not being able to shoot at too high in shutter speeds) so I took the plunge and went for the Sony F3. Had I not been able to get that camera I'd probably be shooting on DSLR's which is probably the next best thing. Trying to light a scene indoors with an adapter could be torturous and expensive. Thankfully I had the HPX170 which was about 1 stop better than the HVX200 so it made the brevis combo usable in lower light conditions.

Anyway, keep shooting and remember there will always be issues to deal with when film making..
    Thanks starcentral, much appreciated. Your 100% right about your last point. There's no such thing as a perfect piece of equipment.

2. Collapse Details
    Here she was in her days of glory;

IMG-20110804-00301.jpg
    Dennis Hingsberg

3. Collapse Details
    haha... Red Rock micro matte box and follow focus, shoulder rig ready I see. And if I'm not mistaken is that a Satchler tripod head and a Marshall Monitor?

Now what I'd really like to see is the footage that set up produced! Nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12