1. Collapse Details
    The New Year Parade
    hey all
    working on a film and posted a short trailer. Feedback would be great.

thanks
    tom

www.stationhousefilms.com/thenyp
    You really want to take the camera and break it for no reason except that it's just an interference and you don't know what to do with it. It's like putting the top on a can that is bent. - cassavetes

2. Collapse Details
    This looks like a good film. Definately a charachter driven drama. Did you write? Direct? Both?
    Always beg forgiveness, not permission! http://www.evingrant.com http://www.evingrantdp.com http://www.evingrantphoto.com
    RED #199
    HVX #69

3. Collapse Details
    VHS Member Old Skool Jim Brennan's Avatar
    Looks promising. The acting is good and it looks well shot. I like the look of it. It comes across very working class. What conscious decisions did you make to give it that quality? Kinda tough to say more with just that trailer to go on.

"...there is no magic, no mystery---just common sense and hard work" - Nestor Almendros

Visit my site at

Hooligan Nation Productions

4. Collapse Details
    thanks guys. i wrote, directed, shot, and edited. We have a one or two person crew most of the time. The actors are mostly non actors, which really helps with the blue collar feel. That speech is part of 40 hours of documentary footage we shot with the south philadelphia string band. They let us incorporate our actors in on real rehersals. During casting, i tried to push for 'real' people who didn't seem phony, who did not disappear when I said action.
    You really want to take the camera and break it for no reason except that it's just an interference and you don't know what to do with it. It's like putting the top on a can that is bent. - cassavetes

5. Collapse Details
    Check your Blacks (IRE) on the MED and LARGE Trailers. Really Pasty.

6. Collapse Details
    yeah, i overcompensated for the mac/pc gamma so it's washed out. Thanks!